microsoft.public.frontpage.client

Re: Just Add Commerce.... disappearing shopping cart contents.

rohit.barla

4/23/2014 4:40:00 PM

Greeting,
I hope you're doing well!
We are providing cheapest shopping deals at http://www.shoppingp...
Top Online shopping site, cheap online shopping products, Online Electronics shopping products, best online shopping at http://www.shoppingp...
Please do let me know if you have any questions. Waiting for your reply!
We give you 100% quality assurance.

Kind Regards,
seo@shoppingplatter.com
5 Answers

davidp

"Keith W" <keithnospoofsplease@demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Joel Edge wrote:
>> Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D. wrote
>>> Ecuador has dropped a plan to preserve swaths of the Amazon
>>> rainforest from oil drilling by having wealthy countries pay them
>>> not to drill. In a speech Thursday, President Rafael Correa said
>>> the plan to save parts of Yasuni National Park had raised only a
>>> fraction of the money sought. "The world has failed us," he said.
>>> Nearly half of oil produced by Ecuador goes to the United States.
>>> http://www.democra...
>>
>> So kind of like the old Blazing Saddles threat.
>> http://yhoo....
>> 'Pay us or we'll drill. We are serious. Not kidding, we'll drill in
>> this rainforest'.
>
>Actually drilling could be the best way to preserve it. The
>percentage of land area used is small and once the wells
>have been drilled there need be little impact. A 1% tax
>on profits would be more than adequate to pay for an
>efficient preservation authority to protect the park against
>the unrestricted slash and burn agriculture that is the real
>threat especially with the absurd 'green' biofuel policy.
>
>That is the biggest threat to the asiatic rainforests which are
>being clear cut to grow oil palms.

Supplement birth control with death control &
everything will be fine.

jonathan

"Keith W" <keithnospoofsplease@demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> Joel Edge wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 16:40:23 -0400, Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D. wrote
>> (in article <y_ednVf5ppWwE5PPnZ2dnUVZ_qSdnZ2d@supernews.com>):

>>> Ecuador has dropped a plan to preserve swaths of the Amazon
>>> rainforest from oil drilling by having wealthy countries pay them
>>> not to drill. In a speech Thursday, President Rafael Correa said
>>> the plan to save parts of Yasuni National Park had raised only a
>>> fraction of the money sought. "The world has failed us," he said.
>>> Nearly half of oil produced by Ecuador goes to the United States.
>>> http://www.democra...
>>>
>>> posted as a favor to Jack L.
>>> ;-)
>>
>> So kind of like the old Blazing Saddles threat.
>> http://yhoo....
>>
>> 'Pay us or we'll drill. We are serious. Not kidding, we'll drill in
>> this rainforest'.
>
> Actually drilling could be the best way to preserve it. The
> percentage of land area used is small and once the wells
> have been drilled there need be little impact. A 1% tax
> on profits would be more than adequate to pay for an
> efficient preservation authority to protect the park against
> the unrestricted slash and burn agriculture that is the real
> threat especially with the absurd 'green' biofuel policy.
>
> That is the biggest threat to the asiatic rainforests which are
> being clear cut to grow oil palms.

And Correa has a point that poverty can be a much
larger threat to the environment. But from what I've
read he has plenty of domestic opposition to drilling.

> Keith

Keith W

jonathan wrote:
> "Keith W" <keithnospoofsplease@demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Joel Edge wrote:
>>> On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 16:40:23 -0400, Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D. wrote
>>> (in article <y_ednVf5ppWwE5PPnZ2dnUVZ_qSdnZ2d@supernews.com>):

>>> So kind of like the old Blazing Saddles threat.
>>> http://yhoo....
>>>
>>> 'Pay us or we'll drill. We are serious. Not kidding, we'll drill in
>>> this rainforest'.
>>
>> Actually drilling could be the best way to preserve it. The
>> percentage of land area used is small and once the wells
>> have been drilled there need be little impact. A 1% tax
>> on profits would be more than adequate to pay for an
>> efficient preservation authority to protect the park against
>> the unrestricted slash and burn agriculture that is the real
>> threat especially with the absurd 'green' biofuel policy.
>>
>> That is the biggest threat to the asiatic rainforests which are
>> being clear cut to grow oil palms.
>

> And Correa has a point that poverty can be a much
> larger threat to the environment. But from what I've
> read he has plenty of domestic opposition to drilling.

Poverty is of course best attacked by having income
which oil exploration can bring and domestic opposition
is rather effectively silenced as prosperity increases.

Correa unfortunately presides over a government that refused
to pay its debts both internal and international despite
having the money to do so.

from Wikipedia

<Quote>
On 12 December 2008, president Correa announced that Ecuador would not pay
$30.6 million in interest to lenders of a $510-million loan, claiming that
they were monsters.In addition, it claimed that $3.8 billion in foreign debt
negotiated by previous administrations was illegitimate because it was
authorised without executive decree.At the time of the announcement, the
country had $5.65 billion in cash reserves.
</Quote>

In those circumstances he can hardly expect the world to provide
cash for his pet projects.

Keith

dott.Piergiorgio

Il 18/08/2013 12:42, Keith W ha scritto:

>>> Actually drilling could be the best way to preserve it. The
>>> percentage of land area used is small and once the wells
>>> have been drilled there need be little impact. A 1% tax
>>> on profits would be more than adequate to pay for an
>>> efficient preservation authority to protect the park against
>>> the unrestricted slash and burn agriculture that is the real
>>> threat especially with the absurd 'green' biofuel policy.
>>>
>>> That is the biggest threat to the asiatic rainforests which are
>>> being clear cut to grow oil palms.
>>

>> And Correa has a point that poverty can be a much
>> larger threat to the environment. But from what I've
>> read he has plenty of domestic opposition to drilling.
>>

> Poverty is of course best attacked by having income
> which oil exploration can bring and domestic opposition
> is rather effectively silenced as prosperity increases.
>
> Correa unfortunately presides over a government that refused
> to pay its debts both internal and international despite
> having the money to do so.
>
> from Wikipedia
>
> <Quote>
> On 12 December 2008, president Correa announced that Ecuador would not pay
> $30.6 million in interest to lenders of a $510-million loan, claiming that
> they were monsters.In addition, it claimed that $3.8 billion in foreign debt
> negotiated by previous administrations was illegitimate because it was
> authorised without executive decree.At the time of the announcement, the
> country had $5.65 billion in cash reserves.
> </Quote>
>
> In those circumstances he can hardly expect the world to provide
> cash for his pet projects.

Depend on the oil company... and there's not only the so-called "seven
sisters"... being PO'd because of the snowden incident, I suspect ends
signing a contract with gazprom, whose, even with unprofitable fields,
will glee at the entry in one of the major US economic/commercial
turfs... and I suspect that overpaying the taxation, also in nature,
will help Correa in both economy and consensus (public works, subsided
automotive petrol...); in other words, nothing new under the sun.

Bestt regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

Keith W

dott.Piergiorgio wrote:

>>> And Correa has a point that poverty can be a much
>>> larger threat to the environment. But from what I've
>>> read he has plenty of domestic opposition to drilling.
>>>

>> Poverty is of course best attacked by having income
>> which oil exploration can bring and domestic opposition
>> is rather effectively silenced as prosperity increases.
>>
>> Correa unfortunately presides over a government that refused
>> to pay its debts both internal and international despite
>> having the money to do so.
>>
>> from Wikipedia
>>
>> <Quote>
>> On 12 December 2008, president Correa announced that Ecuador would
>> not pay $30.6 million in interest to lenders of a $510-million loan,
>> claiming that they were monsters.In addition, it claimed that $3.8
>> billion in foreign debt negotiated by previous administrations was
>> illegitimate because it was authorised without executive decree.At
>> the time of the announcement, the country had $5.65 billion in cash
>> reserves. </Quote>
>>
>> In those circumstances he can hardly expect the world to provide
>> cash for his pet projects.
>
> Depend on the oil company... and there's not only the so-called "seven
> sisters"... being PO'd because of the snowden incident, I suspect ends
> signing a contract with gazprom, whose, even with unprofitable fields,
> will glee at the entry in one of the major US economic/commercial
> turfs... and I suspect that overpaying the taxation, also in nature,
> will help Correa in both economy and consensus (public works, subsided
> automotive petrol...); in other words, nothing new under the sun.

Given that the major oil company in the game is the state owned
Petro Ecuador and their main customer is the USA I doubt Gazprom
will get a look in. Interestingly of course the 'currency of transaction'
in Ecuador is - the US Dollar.

Keith