comp.lang.javascript

Nofollow javascript

Andre Trevas

5/25/2016 6:11:00 AM

Hello,

In my website i have these lines:

<script type="text/javascript">
$.get( "{{URL::route("addFavorite",$realty->id)}}", function(data) {
... });
</script>

I can't move to a separate file because it is dynamically generated. How can i stop google from tracking these URLs? I'm facing a lot of troubles because of this (more than 10000 errors in google console).
20 Answers

aquachimp

On Mar 7, 1:19 am, "Tim Conde" <tcco...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I gather Europe isn't big on speedbumps, curbs and gutters?

erm... <coughs>... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_...

Insane Ranter

On Mar 7, 6:01 pm, Ingo Siekmann <Ingo-Siekm...@web.de> wrote:
> William Black schrieb:
>

> > "Ingo Siekmann" <Ingo-Siekm...@web.de> wrote in message
> >> William Black schrieb:
> >> -snip
>
> >> Sure. But who cares?
>
> > Ask your wife.
>
> "But honey, its' not just a car, its' an investment..."

A car is never an investment...its one of the poorest choices to
'invest" any money on....

Ingo Siekmann

Insane Ranter schrieb:
-snip

> A car is never an investment...its one of the poorest choices to
> 'invest" any money on....

What are you?
Treehugger, Volvo-driver, Dutch?
Or all of the above? ;-p

Bye
Ingo

Insane Ranter

On Mar 8, 5:52 pm, Ingo Siekmann <Ingo-Siekm...@web.de> wrote:
> Insane Ranter schrieb:
> -snip
>
> > A car is never an investment...its one of the poorest choices to
> > 'invest" any money on....
>
> What are you?
> Treehugger, Volvo-driver, Dutch?
> Or all of the above? ;-p

Drive a car off the lot and it looses half its value......

the Omrud

On 09/03/2010 10:04, Insane Ranter wrote:
> On Mar 8, 5:52 pm, Ingo Siekmann<Ingo-Siekm...@web.de> wrote:
>> Insane Ranter schrieb:
>> -snip
>>
>>> A car is never an investment...its one of the poorest choices to
>>> 'invest" any money on....
>>
>> What are you?
>> Treehugger, Volvo-driver, Dutch?
>> Or all of the above? ;-p
>
> Drive a car off the lot and it looses half its value......

Gosh, that must be fun to watch. Does it also lose any value?

--
David

Evertjan.

Andre Trevas <andretrevas@gmail.com> wrote on 25 May 2016 in
comp.lang.javascript:

> Hello,
>
> In my website i have these lines:
>
> <script type="text/javascript">
> $.get( "{{URL::route("addFavorite",$realty->id)}}", function(data) {

THAT is not javascript in sensu strictior,
it perhaps presupposes a library?

});
> </script>
>
> I can't move to a separate file because it is dynamically generated.

Why would you want to move to a separate file?

If it is on your website you must be the master of such dynamic generation?

> How can i stop google from tracking these URLs?

What URLs? Your website? Use a robots-meta.

> I'm facing a lot of troubles
> because of this (more than 10000 errors in google console).

And why are these troubles, you are facing?

Surely it is your visitors, not google console, you should be concerned
with?

> Re: Nofollow javascript

Indeed, I don't.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Michael Haufe (\"TNO\")

On Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 1:11:32 AM UTC-5, Andre Trevas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In my website i have these lines:
>
> <script type="text/javascript">
> $.get( "{{URL::route("addFavorite",$realty->id)}}", function(data) {
> ... });
> </script>
>
> I can't move to a separate file because it is dynamically generated. How can i stop google from tracking these URLs? I'm facing a lot of troubles because of this (more than 10000 errors in google console).

use robots.txt

Also, it is not true that you can't move this to a separate file, you just have to change your approach.

Andre Trevas

> > Hello,
> >
> > In my website i have these lines:
> >
> > <script type="text/javascript">
> > $.get( "{{URL::route("addFavorite",$realty->id)}}", function(data) {
>
> THAT is not javascript in sensu strictior,
> it perhaps presupposes a library?

Jquery library (jQuery v1.11.1), .get = jQuery.get()

> });
> > </script>
> >
> > I can't move to a separate file because it is dynamically generated.
>
> Why would you want to move to a separate file?

If i have one file "script.js" with this code i can use <script src="script.js" rel="nofollow"> and google won't track this URL inside the script (according to google developers)

> If it is on your website you must be the master of such dynamic generation?

Yes, i'm the master but can i have one .js file with php functions? This code is integrate with php, so i need to dynamic build it (if in php, some code in js, else php, code js...)

> > How can i stop google from tracking these URLs?
>
> What URLs? Your website? Use a robots-meta.

$.get( "{{URL::route("external.add.favorite",$realty[0]->idSINAI)}}", function(data) {
});

My system will generate www.example.com.br/addFavorite/12111 and make one request. In this moment, google will add one line in Crawl Errors report
www.example.com.br/addFavorite/12111 error 500. You can't access this url directly from chrome, or google bots.

> > I'm facing a lot of troubles
> > because of this (more than 10000 errors in google console).
>
> And why are these troubles, you are facing?
>
> Surely it is your visitors, not google console, you should be concerned
> with?

Error in https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/crawl-errors?utm_source=support.google.com/w......

1 addFavoritos/94302 500 2/28/16
I have more than 4000 lines in crawl errors report

> > Re: Nofollow javascript
>
> Indeed, I don't.
>
> --
> Evertjan.
> The Netherlands.

What do i need?
Every url with www.example.com.br/addFavorite/id can't be follow by google.

Do you understand now?
Errors image:
http://postimg.org/image/...

Andre Trevas

> > Hello,
> >
> > In my website i have these lines:
> >
> > <script type="text/javascript">
> > $.get( "{{URL::route("addFavorite",$realty->id)}}", function(data) {
> > ... });
> > </script>
> >
> > I can't move to a separate file because it is dynamically generated. How can i stop google from tracking these URLs? I'm facing a lot of troubles because of this (more than 10000 errors in google console).
>
> use robots.txt
>
> Also, it is not true that you can't move this to a separate file, you just have to change your approach.

Can i create one rule in robots.txt? Because i have more than 20000 urls.

What do you suggest? How can i move it to a separate file? The code have php and javascript functions, and it is dynamically generated( it will be different from each realty).

Evertjan.

Andre Trevas <andretrevas@gmail.com> wrote on 25 May 2016 in
comp.lang.javascript:

> What do i need?
> Every url with www.example.com.br/addFavorite/id can't be follow by
google.

Methinks [!!!!] everything that you put on the web without a login
CAN be indexed by others, like google.

However, Google has some voluntarily agreed restrictions, it seems [!!!]:

Any url with "...?id=1234" [any number]
won't be indexed and followed.

Any page with
won't be indexed and followed.

Any page disallowed in the /robots.txt file as such
won't be indexed and followed.

And I doubt Google will follow URLs
mentioned in a piece of javascript in a page,
independent on if it has a .js, .php, .htmp, .asp extention.

And of course, google cannot see any serverside code in such pages,
when their extentions are flagged in the server to be executed by a
serverside engine in stead of just downloaded to the user's browser.

So methinks you have a lot of choices.

> Every url with www.example.com.br/addFavorite/id
> can't be follow by google.

Use "/robots.txt" disallow.