comp.lang.javascript

In Need of a Javascript/ JQuery Libriary to play .amr audio files

Chijioke Kenneth

1/28/2016 9:18:00 PM

Hello All,

Please, can anyone help me with Javascripts/ JQuery libriary to play .amr audio files directly on my website (PHP website)

Thanks in anticipation for a helpful response.

Regards.
3 Answers

Michael Haufe (\"TNO\")

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 3:18:31 PM UTC-6, Chijioke Kenneth wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> Please, can anyone help me with Javascripts/ JQuery libriary to play .amr audio files directly on my website (PHP website)

Convert the audio files to a web compatible format:

<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Supported_media_f...

rumman.ashraf

On Friday, January 29, 2016 at 3:18:31 AM UTC+6, Chijioke Kenneth wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> Please, can anyone help me with Javascripts/ JQuery libriary to play .amr audio files directly on my website (PHP website)
>
> Thanks in anticipation for a helpful response.
>
> Regards.

@Chijioke Kenneth Did you find anything ? i need the same.

Evertjan.

rumman.ashraf@gmail.com wrote on 02 Mar 2016 in comp.lang.javascript:

> On Friday, January 29, 2016 at 3:18:31 AM UTC+6, Chijioke Kenneth wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>

>> Please, can anyone help me with Javascripts/ JQuery libriary to play
>> .amr audio files directly on my website (PHP website)
>>
>> Thanks in anticipation for a helpful response.
>>
>> Regards.
>
> @Chijioke Kenneth Did you find anything ? i need the same.

Even in the hour of your need,
clientside Javascript in itself can never do that,
[so follow-up seems off-topic here],
even with something as unusefull as jquery,
you will need html5 to do that natively,
[or perhaps use an api for that??]
and imho html5 cann't do that [yet?].

PHP cann't help you either,
[unless the server has a serverside sound system?],
so is not only off-topic but also useless.

But rest assured, your need is not as great as you might imagine,
as you can convert the source to .mp3 or .ogg and stream that.

<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17643261/stream-as-html5...
convert-amr-to-ogg>

--
Evertjan.