comp.lang.javascript

Complementary Javascript Group

Simon Blackwell

10/1/2015 11:02:00 PM

A complementary discussion group has just been created: https://groups.google.c...!forum/ecma-javascript

This is an un-moderated discussion of Javascript: toolkits, libraries, musings etc,... just not coding problems. We expect discussions around the capability and availability of both commercial/non-commercial products. Why this group?

1) comp.lang.javascript tends to be all about solving coding problems, the intent of this alternate group is to discuss libraries, commercial products, events, etc. If you have a coding problem, we suggest stackoverflow.com or comp.lang.javascript where you are likely to get a lot more assistance.

2) There are a number of great curated sites on Javascript ... but that's the plus and the minus, they are single perspective blogs with occasional third party submissions, content scraped consolidations that don't drive a lot of conversation, or limited in breadth by the act of curation. So dive in, tell everyone whats available and what you like and don't like about Javascript tools and libraries.