comp.lang.javascript

es6 - 'const' keyword

ugajin

8/30/2015 8:21:00 AM

I wrote a script recently, that uses the 'const' keyword, which works locally, but which fails when viewed after it is uploaded to a server. I notified the hosting provider, and they suggest it is a JavaScript issue. As I am using the same browser, to view content both locally and via the server, I fail to see how this can be a JavaScript (or for that matter a browser) issue.

Any suggestions, or thoughts please.
2 Answers

ram

ugajin@talktalk.net writes:
>Any suggestions, or thoughts please.

Display which path of execution is taken
and which values critical variables do have.

ugajin

On Sunday, August 30, 2015 at 9:21:08 AM UTC+1, ugajin wrote:
> I wrote a script recently, that uses the 'const' keyword, which works locally, but which fails when viewed after it is uploaded to a server. I notified the hosting provider, and they suggest it is a JavaScript issue. As I am using the same browser, to view content both locally and via the server, I fail to see how this can be a JavaScript (or for that matter a browser) issue.
>
> Any suggestions, or thoughts please.

Found the issue it was me - failed to check Safari browser support. Using different browsers for development and for site access.

Very remiss.