comp.lang.javascript

No slideshow ever works in this webpage of mine

tworadon

I am trying to make this webpage for posting and viewing news. It will be shown on a big screen in our Hub. I've been having a hell with putting a proper slideshow in the HubWeb_HubPage.php one.

I've tried copying in code from two other pre-made slideshows, but best I've got was a misaligned slideshow that didn't fit the grey area properly. And I made an embedded YouTube video appear and reappear on top of it periodically.

So I decided to learn and do a simple one myself. What could go wrong if I'm writing the thing inside my webpage myself, right?
Nothing happens. See for yourself. It's driving me mad already.

My goal for the grey slideshow area is to have at least 5 images or videos sliding and autoplaying with the grey area filled as much as possible, though keeping normal proportions (to not stretch the image). So the whole webpage with news must be responsive and fill the screen it's on. The slideshow area is 70%/70% of the screen width (the webpage will be put on fullscreen on the display in Hub).
But I can't even get the images sliding!

Please get the zipped folder from this link and check out the code and the page:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=6079865037...

Please help and thank you for any input!
1 Answer

tworadon

I meant the white area by the top right corner. It used to be grey before I started writing a slideshow myself.