comp.lang.javascript

packing canvases?

SpreadTooThin

5/13/2015 3:30:00 AM

I want to create a document with 2 or more html5 canvas objects.

Right my my application has one canvas and if the canvas is larger than the web browser I get scroll bars for free..

I need to modify this application because the canvas has a finite size and if you go beyond its bounds then nothing is rendered at all. Every browser seems to have it's own limits on the size a canvas can be.

So, I have a few questions.

This is a part of the html web page.

<canvas id="Canvas1" width="100" height="100"></canvas>

If I want two canvas and I want the to be 'stuck' together such that the bottom of the first touches to top of the second, how do I specify their positions and behavior relative to one another.

in tcl/tk I'd 'pack' them.. I'm not sure how I'd do this in html. Would I put them together within a table that has 0 line widths?

So as the web page scrolls I'd like them to scroll together.

Eventually I'd like three or more canvases, but I'd like to the top canvas to stay always visible in place such that the lower canvases scroll, but the top most canvas stays fixed in place.

May I ask for thoughts please and/or a simple html document to achieve this?

TIA
B.

2 Answers

rst0wxyz

This crazy SOB has created a world of his own, to kill
indiscriminately marching on the drum beat of Uncle Sam. I don't have
to look at Gary Locke as a model citizen. I am my a model citizen of
my own right as I stand.

Evertjan.

SpreadTooThin <bjobrien62@gmail.com> wrote on 13 mei 2015 in
comp.lang.javascript:

> I want to create a document with 2 or more html5 canvas objects.
>
> Right my my application has one canvas and if the canvas is larger than
> the web browser I get scroll bars for free..
>
> I need to modify this application because the canvas has a finite size
> and if you go beyond its bounds then nothing is rendered at all. Every
> browser seems to have it's own limits on the size a canvas can be.
>
> So, I have a few questions.
>
> This is a part of the html web page.

> <canvas id="Canvas1" width="100" height="100"></canvas>
>
> If I want two canvas and I want the to be 'stuck' together such that the
> bottom of the first touches to top of the second, how do I specify their
> positions and behavior relative to one another.
>
> in tcl/tk I'd 'pack' them.. I'm not sure how I'd do this in html. Would
> I put them together within a table that has 0 line widths?
>
> So as the web page scrolls I'd like them to scroll together.
>
> Eventually I'd like three or more canvases, but I'd like to the top
> canvas to stay always visible in place such that the lower canvases
> scroll, but the top most canvas stays fixed in place.
>

> May I ask for thoughts please and/or a simple html document to achieve
> this?

This seems an html/css Q, not Javascript related..

Please go to a relevant NG.

I would suggest:

comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets

--