comp.lang.javascript

Compress Base64 To Almost Half The Size (Works with DNA or Odd Encrypted Data

0ntariokingston

4/30/2015 4:21:00 PM

www.scriptcompress.com/DNA-Packer.htm can compress Base64 encoded data which is self extracting VIA client side (no server needed) and automatic running VIA JavaScript. I originally made the tool for packing human DNA sequences (helping a University better the world).

I have always hated that Base64 encoding makes everything 30 to 40% bigger. Well, no more, make it almost 50% smaller now! I made a tool on www.scriptcompress.com/DNA-Packer.htm that will compress it!

My first example I take 4KB of HTML code and encode it to 5.5KB of Base64 data. Now I can compress it smaller than even the original 4KB of non encoded HTML code!

5.7KB shrunk to 3.45KB (set 7 for bits length), proof here: https://gist.github.com/JavaScript-Packer/c0f963a38c...

My 2nd example (set 7 for bits length):

*BEFORE:* 8KB http://jsfiddle.net...
*AFTER:* 4.1KB http://jsfiddle.net...1/
2 Answers

JJ

On Thu, 30 Apr 2015 09:20:41 -0700 (PDT), MASTER TROLL BAIT wrote:
> www.scriptcompress.com/DNA-Packer.htm can compress Base64 encoded data which is self extracting VIA client side (no server needed) and automatic running VIA JavaScript. I originally made the tool for packing human DNA sequences (helping a University better the world).
>
> I have always hated that Base64 encoding makes everything 30 to 40% bigger. Well, no more, make it almost 50% smaller now! I made a tool on www.scriptcompress.com/DNA-Packer.htm that will compress it!
>
> My first example I take 4KB of HTML code and encode it to 5.5KB of Base64 data. Now I can compress it smaller than even the original 4KB of non encoded HTML code!
>
> 5.7KB shrunk to 3.45KB (set 7 for bits length), proof here: https://gist.github.com/JavaScript-Packer/c0f963a38c...
>
> My 2nd example (set 7 for bits length):
>
> *BEFORE:* 8KB http://jsfiddle.net...
> *AFTER:* 4.1KB http://jsfiddle.net...1/

Your web server does't support gzip, is it?

0ntariokingston

JJ, I am not talking about my server. On http://www.scriptco... I am talking about a tools for compressing with my techniques. Even if my server runs gzip, this is not about standard compressions. I am making a universal compressor that will self run on any system that has a web browser...