comp.lang.javascript

Regress in Web Site

Dr J R Stockton

4/15/2015 9:25:00 PM

My ISP, originally and still nominally Demon Internet but actually
absorbed by Vodafone, has today, without informing me, transferred my
Merlyn Web site, which had existed at www.merlyn.demon.co.uk since 1996,
to another host, using the same URL but an old site snapshot, probably
from about March 3rd.

Currently, I cannot access the server by FTP.

This is probably the only newsgroup which might still have much
interest in my Website.

This note should appear in Web sites that mirror newsgroups, so there
will be at least a possibility of search engine users finding it.

I fear that I may lose my preferred ways of accessing Usenet and of
sending E-mail; but for those I have alternatives. The E-mail address
implied in my Sig below should still work.

YHBW.

--
(c) John Stockton, near London. Mail ?.?.Stockton@physics.org
Web? <http://www.merlyn.demon.... - FAQish topics, acronyms, and links.

Denis McMahon

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 22:25:05 +0100, Dr J R Stockton wrote:

> My ISP, originally and still nominally Demon Internet

Sent you a copy of the email they sent me on 27th March.

--
Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon@gmail.com

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <mgn17j$agi$4@dont-email.me>, Thu, 16
Apr 2015 00:54:11, Denis McMahon <denismfmcmahon@gmail.com> posted:
>On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 22:25:05 +0100, Dr J R Stockton wrote:
>
>> My ISP, originally and still nominally Demon Internet
>
>Sent you a copy of the email they sent me on 27th March.

Thank you for that attempt.
It appears that my mail and news access is, so far, not affected.
So I wonder where you sent your E-mail to ...

--
(c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK.

Denis McMahon

On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 23:46:41 +0100, Dr J R Stockton wrote:

> So I wonder where you sent your E-mail to ...

The from of the message I responded to, less the trailing .invalid

--
Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon@gmail.com