comp.lang.javascript

Bignumb multiplication

JT

3/24/2015 11:14:00 AM

I think i got the logic correct for a single digit upon multiple digit. So know i just have to save each row of digitmult and add them together in correct way, by inject a zero at start for every new term.

/* MULTIPLY TWO VARIABLES */

function naiveMult(base, arrOne, arrTwo)
{

result = [];
remainder = 0;

for (i = 0; i < lengthTwo; i ++ )
{
tempVal = 0;
tempDig = 0;
j = 0;

while(j < length)
{
tempVal = (arrOne[i] * arrTwo[j]) + remainder;
//document.write(tempVal);
if (tempVal>base){tempDig = tempVal % base; remainder = (tempVal - tempDig) / base; result[j]=tempDig} else {result[j] = tempVal;}

j ++ ;
}
//result[j]=remainder;
if(remainder!=0) {result[j] = remainder;}
}
}
8 Answers

joker4153

On Aug 2, 9:46 am, Neil X <nei...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Aug 2, 12:08 pm, "3jane." <q3j...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 31, 7:27 pm, Walter Karmazyn <walterkarma...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > Anybody else going?  My advice, get there early for the opening act,
> > > Check Engine Light.  Quite tasty, saw them last year. Includes Cliff
> > > Garcia on guitar. For the one or two people not aware, Tiff is Jerry's
> > > older brother, and he does play guitar.  Acoustic Geezer Rock at its
> > > finest.  The rest of the day ain't bad either.
>
> > Jerry Day here was was on a farm outside of Frederick (AKA Fredneck)
> > MD and featured a bunch of Dead cover bands, most notably a very good
> > local group called On the Bus and a surprisingly excellent band from
> > Philly called Splintered Sunlight-for those who can stomach a little
> > idol worship I enthusiastically endorse seeing Splintered Sunlight,
> > they were really good, the Garcia guy sounds as much like Garcia as
> > anyone I've heard and the band is not afraid to put their own spin on
> > the songs-fine stuff, mellow scene, thank allah for rich people who
> > have farms and like the Dead.
>
> There was a Jerry Day harbor cruise in Boston last night.  Somehow I
> don't seem to have much interest in these kinds of things.  Not sure
> why, exactly.  It seems like exploitation, I guess.
>
> Peace,
> Neil X.

Was there an outrageous ticket price? Exploitation of what? I don't
get this. You know what you're getting going in, right? You hang out,
get high with your old friends, make new friends and get high with
them. I think this type of thing is more about community of spirit or
something along those lines.
Maybe a cruise on the harbor is a bit different, since that has to
involve tickets and fees. But Jerry's Birthday celebrations, per se,
don't seem like exploitation to me. They seem like, well, celebration
and homeage to a huge figure in the lives of a lot of us.
Here's a low-quality video of JGB with Stu Allen playing a Tiger
replica that someone brought onstage for him. This was the live
soundtrack for a wonderful party:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6...
(Ain't No Bread In the Breadbox)

onetaste2000

On Aug 2, 10:17 am, Joker <joker4...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 2, 9:46 am, Neil X <nei...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Jerry Day here was was on a farm outside of Frederick (AKA Fredneck)
> > > MD and featured a bunch of Dead cover bands, most notably a very good
> > > local group called On the Bus and a surprisingly excellent band from
> > > Philly called Splintered Sunlight-for those who can stomach a little
> > > idol worship I enthusiastically endorse seeing Splintered Sunlight,
> > > they were really good, the Garcia guy sounds as much like Garcia as
> > > anyone I've heard and the band is not afraid to put their own spin on
> > > the songs-fine stuff, mellow scene, thank allah for rich people who
> > > have farms and like the Dead.
>
> > There was a Jerry Day harbor cruise in Boston last night.  Somehow I
> > don't seem to have much interest in these kinds of things.  Not sure
> > why, exactly.  It seems like exploitation, I guess.
>
> > Peace,
> > Neil X.
>
> Was there an outrageous ticket price? Exploitation of what? I don't
> get this. You know what you're getting going in, right? You hang out,
> get high with your old friends, make new friends and get high with
> them. I think this type of thing is more about community of spirit  or
> something along those lines.
> Maybe a cruise on the harbor is a bit different, since that has to
> involve tickets and fees. But Jerry's Birthday celebrations, per se,
> don't seem like exploitation to me. They seem like, well, celebration
> and homeage to a huge figure in the lives of a lot of us.
> Here's a low-quality video of JGB with Stu Allen playing a Tiger
> replica that someone brought onstage for him. This was the live
> soundtrack for a wonderful party:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6...
> (Ain't No Bread In the Breadbox)

HRYK.

I didn't get to be there yesterday, but it's hard to imagine how it
could be seen as exploitive. It's just as Larry and Walter have pegged
it, and I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to see Walter again and I
would have loved meeting Larry--as that seems to be the whole point--
to catch up with old friends and make new ones. It's a chance for the
community to get together and celebrate Jerry's spirit. That's why I
call it the Epicenter of the Dead Universe. There's just something
different about it, something homey, neighborhoodly, or whatever.
Hell, the fact that they have it in that little off the beaten track
venue is a nice touch right there, never mind they named it for Jerry.
It's an extremely friendly, relaxed day and the music always kicks
ass.

Fred

onetaste2000

On Aug 2, 9:08 am, "3jane." <q3j...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 31, 7:27 pm, Walter Karmazyn <walterkarma...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Anybody else going?  My advice, get there early for the opening act,
> > Check Engine Light.  Quite tasty, saw them last year. Includes Cliff
> > Garcia on guitar. For the one or two people not aware, Tiff is Jerry's
> > older brother, and he does play guitar.  Acoustic Geezer Rock at its
> > finest.  The rest of the day ain't bad either.
>
> Jerry Day here was was on a farm outside of Frederick (AKA Fredneck)
> MD and featured a bunch of Dead cover bands, most notably a very good
> local group called On the Bus and a surprisingly excellent band from
> Philly called Splintered Sunlight-for those who can stomach a little
> idol worship I enthusiastically endorse seeing Splintered Sunlight,
> they were really good, the Garcia guy sounds as much like Garcia as
> anyone I've heard and the band is not afraid to put their own spin on
> the songs-fine stuff, mellow scene, thank allah for rich people who
> have farms and like the Dead.

Ah, Splintered Sunlight. Good to know they are still around. I used to
go see them weekly when I was back in Philly in 99 and 01. They really
do bring it. Butch, the Jerry guy, is really good, and prolly holds
the distinction of being the only Asian "Jerry" on the circuit. The
Bobby guy, Tommy, as also really good and a sweetheart to boot. When I
had to bounce Philly back then, he was the guy I gave the cream of my
tape collection to, about 150 hours.

Fred

Neil X

On Aug 2, 1:17 pm, Joker <joker4...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 2, 9:46 am, Neil X <nei...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Jerry Day here was was on a farm outside of Frederick (AKA Fredneck)
> > > MD and featured a bunch of Dead cover bands, most notably a very good
> > > local group called On the Bus and a surprisingly excellent band from
> > > Philly called Splintered Sunlight-for those who can stomach a little
> > > idol worship I enthusiastically endorse seeing Splintered Sunlight,
> > > they were really good, the Garcia guy sounds as much like Garcia as
> > > anyone I've heard and the band is not afraid to put their own spin on
> > > the songs-fine stuff, mellow scene, thank allah for rich people who
> > > have farms and like the Dead.
>
> > There was a Jerry Day harbor cruise in Boston last night.  Somehow I
> > don't seem to have much interest in these kinds of things.  Not sure
> > why, exactly.  It seems like exploitation, I guess.
>
> > Peace,
> > Neil X.
>
> Was there an outrageous ticket price?

It cost $25. I don't know if you would consider that outrageous or
not.

> Exploitation of what?

Jerry's name to make money.

> I don't
> get this. You know what you're getting going in, right? You hang out,
> get high with your old friends, make new friends and get high with
> them. I think this type of thing is more about community of spirit  or
> something along those lines.

Maybe in some cases, that's all it is. The harbor cruise, it just
seemed like a boat company using Jerry's name to increase ticket
sales.

> Maybe a cruise on the harbor is a bit different, since that has to
> involve tickets and fees. But Jerry's Birthday celebrations, per se,
> don't seem like exploitation to me. They seem like, well, celebration
> and homeage to a huge figure in the lives of a lot of us.

Do they charge admission at the event you attended? If it was free,
obviously they weren't just using Jerry's name to make a buck. If
they were charging admission, then it probably comes down to your
original question of "Was the price outrageous?"

Peace,
Neil X.

frndthdevl@aol.com

On Aug 2, 1:16 pm, Neil X <nei...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Do they charge admission at the event you attended?  If it was free,
> obviously they weren't just using Jerry's name to make a buck.  If
> they were charging admission, then it probably comes down to your
> original question of "Was the price outrageous?"

The Rex Foundation funded some of it.

frndthdevl@aol.com

This looks ot be the highlight ,highlights of the week. Are you going
both nights Larry?

http://rexfoundation.org/2010/07/16/rex-musical-caravan-7-walkers-a...

joker4153

On Aug 2, 3:38 pm, frndthdevl <frndthd...@aol.com> wrote:
> This looks ot be the highlight ,highlights of the week. Are you going
> both nights Larry?
>
> http://rexfoundation.org/2010/07/16/rex-musical-caravan-7-w......

At least one, probably both!

JT

Den tisdag 24 mars 2015 kl. 12:13:46 UTC+1 skrev jonas.t...@gmail.com:
> I think i got the logic correct for a single digit upon multiple digit. So know i just have to save each row of digitmult and add them together in correct way, by inject a zero at start for every new term.
>

> /* MULTIPLY TWO VARIABLES */
>
> function naiveMult(base, arrOne, arrTwo)
> {
>
> result = [];
> remainder = 0;
>
> for (i = 0; i < lengthTwo; i ++ )
> {
> tempVal = 0;
> tempDig = 0;
> j = 0;
>
> while(j < length)
> {
> tempVal = (arrOne[i] * arrTwo[j]) + remainder;
> //document.write(tempVal);
> if (tempVal>base){tempDig = tempVal % base; remainder = (tempVal - tempDig) / base; result[j]=tempDig} else {result[j] = tempVal;}
>
> j ++ ;
> }
> //result[j]=remainder;
> if(remainder!=0) {result[j] = remainder;}
> }
> }

Still missing a case.