comp.lang.javascript

When does Web Worket postMessage({}) return to caller

Richard Maher

3/19/2015 2:30:00 AM

I have a recollection of reading that a postMessage request will not
return until the onmessage event has been delivered to the recipient.

Having said that, I can't seem to find any reference on the web at the
mo and docs such as: -
https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/wo...
talk of message "queues" which make me think that messages can be
stacked/queued up for processing.

Does someone here have a reference pointer for the prescribed behaviour?

Can a web-page and worker get into a deadlock by simply trying to send
messages to each other at the same time?

NB: As always can the regular personality disorders go "follow"
themselves somewhere else?