comp.lang.javascript

jQuery in 6 characters

Any One

3/4/2015 9:02:00 PM

This is a version of jQuery consisting of only six nonalphanumeric characters: https://github.com/fasttime/jque...

The characters are ( ) [ ] + ! combined in a sequence that any browser is able to convert and evaulate back into the original jQuery library. You can grab the file jquery-2.1.3.screwed.js from the repository above and use it anywhere in place of jQuery.

This is a funny type of obfuscation, similar to brainfuck, and is not intended for use in production code.

The converter used is this one: http:/... - Write any JavaScript with 6 Characters: []()!+
2 Answers

0ntariokingston

On Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 4:02:34 PM UTC-5, Any One wrote:
> This is a version of jQuery consisting of only six nonalphanumeric characters: https://github.com/fasttime/jque...
>
> The characters are ( ) [ ] + ! combined in a sequence that any browser is able to convert and evaulate back into the original jQuery library. You can grab the file jquery-2.1.3.screwed.js from the repository above and use it anywhere in place of jQuery.
>
> This is a funny type of obfuscation, similar to brainfuck, and is not intended for use in production code.
>
> The converter used is this one: http:/... - Write any JavaScript with 6 Characters: []()!+

Handy, make JQuery 2MB (2048 KB) instead of 100 KB. Make everything 2000 times bigger by using JSfuck codes, what a great idea. Might want to compress it on www.scriptcompress.com after or just pack Jquery there to less than half the size there (plus have it obfuscated)!

Michael Haufe (\"TNO\")

On Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 3:02:34 PM UTC-6, Any One wrote:
> This is a version of jQuery consisting of only six nonalphanumeric characters: https://github.com/fasttime/jque...
>
> The characters are ( ) [ ] + ! combined in a sequence that any browser is able to convert and evaulate back into the original jQuery library. You can grab the file jquery-2.1.3.screwed.js from the repository above and use it anywhere in place of jQuery.
>
> This is a funny type of obfuscation, similar to brainfuck, and is not intended for use in production code.
>
> The converter used is this one: http:/... - Write any JavaScript with 6 Characters: []()!+

Cute. But I was surprised this didn't compress too well under gzip vs the original. Still ends up about twice as big it seems.