comp.lang.javascript

In mobile devices - How to restrict entering non-numeric values in textfield,

anjithkumar.garapati

2/25/2015 3:46:00 PM

I tried using event.which >47 and lessthan 57, no luck in mobile keypad they are smileys, different symbols which are getting entered. No clue how to fix it, can anyone please help me out
12 Answers

Denis McMahon

On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 07:46:25 -0800, anjithkumar.garapati wrote:

> I tried using event.which >47 and lessthan 57, no luck in mobile keypad
> they are smileys, different symbols which are getting entered. No clue
> how to fix it, can anyone please help me out

assuming html5, <input type="number" ......>

--
Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon@gmail.com

anjithkumar.garapati

type="number" is not working on (IOS) Iphone and WIndows(IE)

Evertjan.

anjithkumar.garapati@gmail.com wrote on 04 mrt 2015 in comp.lang.javascript:

> type="number" is not working on (IOS) Iphone and WIndows(IE)

"Not working" is not working in this NG.

What do you mean by it?

That being said, this is a bit OT.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

JR

On 04/03/2015 07:54, Evertjan. wrote:
> anjithkumar.garapati@gmail.com wrote on 04 mrt 2015 in comp.lang.javascript:
>
>> type="number" is not working on (IOS) Iphone and WIndows(IE)
>
> "Not working" is not working in this NG.
>
> What do you mean by it?
>
> That being said, this is a bit OT.

See:
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14447668/input-type-number-is-not-showing-a-number-keypad-...

--
Joao Rodrigues

Evertjan.

Joao Rodrigues <groups_jr-1@yahoo.com.br> wrote on 04 mrt 2015 in
comp.lang.javascript:

> On 04/03/2015 07:54, Evertjan. wrote:
>> anjithkumar.garapati@gmail.com wrote on 04 mrt 2015 in
>> comp.lang.javascript:
>>
>>> type="number" is not working on (IOS) Iphone and WIndows(IE)
>>
>> "Not working" is not working in this NG.
>>
>> What do you mean by it?
>>
>> That being said, this is a bit OT.
>>

> See:
> <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14447668/input-type-number-...
> wing-a-number-keypad-on-ios>

<http://jsfiddle.net/Cy...

No Javascript there, just html-5.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

JR

On 04/03/2015 13:39, Evertjan. wrote:
> Joao Rodrigues <groups_jr-1@yahoo.com.br> wrote on 04 mrt 2015 in
> comp.lang.javascript:
>
>> On 04/03/2015 07:54, Evertjan. wrote:
>>> anjithkumar.garapati@gmail.com wrote on 04 mrt 2015 in
>>> comp.lang.javascript:

>>> "Not working" is not working in this NG.
>>>
>>> What do you mean by it?
>>>
>>> That being said, this is a bit OT.
>>>

>> See:
>> <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14447668/input-type-number-...
>> wing-a-number-keypad-on-ios>
>
> <http://jsfiddle.net/Cy...
>
> No Javascript there, just html-5.

The OP started with a JavaScript related question. Denis responded with
an HTML 5 solution, but, then, a new problem is found with the number
keypad on iPhone / iOS. So this thread may be closed now.

--
Joao Rodrigues

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Joao Rodrigues wrote:

> On 04/03/2015 13:39, Evertjan. wrote:
>> Joao Rodrigues <groups_jr-1@yahoo.com.br> wrote on 04 mrt 2015 in
>> comp.lang.javascript:
>>> See:
>>> <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14447668/input-type-num...
>>> -showing-a-number-keypad-on-ios>
>> <http://jsfiddle.net/Cy...
>>
>> No Javascript there, just html-5.

There is no â??Javascriptâ?. There is no â??html-5â?. And the HTML5 API is
scripted by default using an implementation of ECMAScript; the HTML5
Specification calls this subset â??JavaScriptâ?.

> The OP started with a JavaScript related question. Denis responded with
> an HTML 5 solution, but, then, a new problem is found with the number
> keypad on iPhone / iOS. So this thread may be closed now.

This is not a Web forum or bulletin board; it is a Usenet newsgroup.
Threads are never closed here (by whom, anyway?).

--
PointedEars
FAQ: <http://PointedEars.... | SVN: <http://PointedEars.de...

Evertjan.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedEars@web.de> wrote on 05 mrt 2015 in
comp.lang.javascript:

> This is not a Web forum or bulletin board; it is a Usenet newsgroup.
> Threads are never closed here (by whom, anyway?).

Quite.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

JR

On 05/03/2015 17:20, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

> This is not a Web forum or bulletin board; it is a Usenet newsgroup.
> Threads are never closed here (by whom, anyway?).

Whatever. I don't care.

--
Joao Rodrigues

Evertjan.

Joao Rodrigues <groups_jr-1@yahoo.com.br> wrote on 06 mrt 2015 in
comp.lang.javascript:

> On 05/03/2015 17:20, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>
>> This is not a Web forum or bulletin board; it is a Usenet newsgroup.
>> Threads are never closed here (by whom, anyway?).
>
> Whatever. I don't care.

Childish.

--
Evertjan.