comp.lang.javascript

Need filter to remove "none ansi" chars.

JT

2/20/2015 12:26:00 PM

I know there is filters online to remove *hidden* none ansi chars from textfiles. Could someone point me to a page i seem unable to find one online right now. I have a script where google glued some none ansi chars.
3 Answers

ram

jonas.thornvall@gmail.com writes:
>I know there is filters online to remove *hidden* none ansi chars from textfiles.

If it contains hidden chars, why call it a »textfile«?

»ansi« is not a character set or a character encoding.

Non-printable characters are still part of the charset.

JT

Den fredag 20 februari 2015 kl. 13:47:46 UTC+1 skrev Stefan Ram:
> jonas.thornvall@gmail.com writes:
> >I know there is filters online to remove *hidden* none ansi chars from textfiles.
>
> If it contains hidden chars, why call it a »textfile«?
>
> »ansi« is not a character set or a character encoding.

> Non-printable characters are still part of the charset.

Yes you are correct the are part of ascii, but editors have problem with them. I was able to remove them directly in the editor.

It something google groups put into posts, i think it is weird that hidden characters is copied via the windows clipboard. Is that correct functionality, it copies special chars for font and size and so on not just the visible characters?

Evertjan.

jonas.thornvall@gmail.com wrote on 20 feb 2015 in comp.lang.javascript:

> Den fredag 20 februari 2015 kl. 13:47:46 UTC+1 skrev Stefan Ram:
>> jonas.thornvall@gmail.com writes:
>> >I know there is filters online to remove *hidden* none ansi chars from
> extfiles.
>>
>> If it contains hidden chars, why call it a »textfile«?
>>
>> »ansi« is not a character set or a character encoding.

> e?
>>
>> Non-printable characters are still part of the charset.
>
> Yes you are correct the are part of ascii, but editors have problem with
> them. I was able to remove them directly in the editor.
>
> It something google groups put into posts, i think it is weird that
> hidden characters is copied via the windows clipboard. Is that correct
> functionality, it copies special chars for font and size and so on not
> just the visible characters?

The clipboard also copies images, not only weird images at that.

If you want to filter out characters that you do not like,
use regex in string.replace()

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.