checking emails with ruby

Erika

Is there a possibility in ruby or with a ruby extension for checking emails?

I'm thinking something like the following:
- ruby accesses a site and after a button is pressed an email is send to an address
- ruby opens the mail handler (Outlook express / Thunderbird) and waits that the email is downloaded
- opens the email (the email can be identified by it's subject)
- check if some text can be found in the email

Is this possible?

Thank you.

Br,
Erika

3 Answers

gf

It's possible, depending on the type of email account, and can be done
without relying on an external application. Check into the net/pop3
and net/imap core libraries.

http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/Net...
http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/Net...

The examples for either are good starting points.

Sarcar, Shourya C (GE Healthcare)

=20

________________________________

Is there a possibility in ruby or with a ruby extension for
checking emails?
=09
I'm thinking something like the following:
- ruby accesses a site and after a button is pressed an email is
send to an address
- ruby opens the mail handler (Outlook express / Thunderbird)
and waits that the email is downloaded
- opens the email (the email can be identified by it's subject)
- check if some text can be found in the email
=09

I believe it will be easier if you choose to (and can) avoid
Outlook/Thunder and read the mails via Ruby itself.
Reading mails from a POP/IMAP server is quite easy.
(For POP3)
http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/net/pop/rdoc/...

--
Shourya
http://www.shouryaliv...

=09
=09

Free Assange!

On Nov 3, 11:06 pm, poisoned rose <pro...@wipingbottoms.com> wrote:
> Fattuchus:
>
> > You've been doing a wonderful job, Danny.  You even introduced me to
> > some obscure Beatles songs that I did not know about.
>
> You mean like "Paperback Rider"?

LOL

I had to search to see if she actually said that. Sure enough...

Seriously, Gay, what *are* you doing in RMB?