How to proper list files in ftp

Davi Barbosa

I need to list all files in a ftp server, with the size and full path.
I tried Net::FTP, but it only gives lines which needs to be decode to
get the size, to know if it is a directory, etc. And it looks like the
date format depends on the ftp server.
Is there a ruby way to do it?

mr.rapidan

On Aug 3, 9:51 am, Edwin Hurwitz <ed...@indra.com> wrote:
> There is no reason to have to garbage on the road. Free breakfasts at
> most hotels consist mostly crappy mainstream cereals, fake eggs

I call them "institutional eggs." I like them. Not more than real
eggs - since they're not really eggs, they're not competing with real
eggs, in my mind (but aren't there some form of real eggs in them?).
I don't know why I like them - maybe some weird formative memory of
"relative peace and relative quiet" for 4 minutes in the morning
during Marine Corps Boot Camp? The cute cafeteria girl at school
who'd serve me eggs and flirt? I mean, sure, there are crappy
institutional eggs and there a good institutional eggs, one can become
a connoisseur, but good institutional eggs are a travel treat, for
me. Or, I make the most of them, let's put it that way.

marcman

On Aug 3, 10:19 am, "dr.narcolepsy" <jmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know why I like them - maybe some weird formative memory of
> "relative peace and relative quiet" for 4 minutes in the morning
> during Marine Corps Boot Camp?

Whoaaaa, dude, you were in the marines?? Really?

volkfolk

On Aug 3, 10:23 am, marcman <marcmanstud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 3, 10:19 am, "dr.narcolepsy" <jmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't know why I like them - maybe some weird formative memory of
> > "relative peace and relative quiet" for 4 minutes in the morning
> > during Marine Corps Boot Camp?
>
> Whoaaaa, dude, you were in the marines??  Really?

My Dad offered me $10k to go into the Marines in 1983 and my response
was, "And miss fall tour? No way dude" :)

(I'm actually kind of sorry I didn't take him up on it now)

Scot

marcman

On Aug 3, 10:26 am, volkfolk <volkfo...@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Aug 3, 10:23 am, marcman <marcmanstud...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Aug 3, 10:19 am, "dr.narcolepsy" <jmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I don't know why I like them - maybe some weird formative memory of
> > > "relative peace and relative quiet" for 4 minutes in the morning
> > > during Marine Corps Boot Camp?
>
> > Whoaaaa, dude, you were in the marines??  Really?
>
> My Dad offered me $10k to go into the Marines in 1983 and my response
> was, "And miss fall tour? No way dude" :)
>
> (I'm actually kind of sorry I didn't take him up on it now)
>
> Scot

Nothing but respect over here for marines, past, present and future.

mr.rapidan

On Aug 3, 10:23 am, marcman <marcmanstud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 3, 10:19 am, "dr.narcolepsy" <jmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't know why I like them - maybe some weird formative memory of
> > "relative peace and relative quiet" for 4 minutes in the morning
> > during Marine Corps Boot Camp?
>
> Whoaaaa, dude, you were in the marines??  Really?

Platoon 2001, the Space Odyssey Freaks.

I was a peace-time 0311 for the minimum possible time. Parris Island
for boot, Camp Geiger for Infantry Training School, and then the
Harrisburg, PA reserve infantry company.

There were few connections to the outside world during boot and very
little communication with any of your fellow recruits - there was a
several minute period in which you could read/write letters, most
evenings. Conversation had to be in secret. There was a newpaper box
outside the mess hall, and I remember risking all kinds of hell even
for just hesitating a brief instant while walking by it to try to read
more than the headline. One thing I'll never forget - seeing the
picture and headline of "The Catch!" the morning after the 49ers beat
the Cowboys on 1/10/82.

3jane.

On Aug 3, 10:26 am, volkfolk <volkfo...@verizon.net> wrote:

> > Whoaaaa, dude, you were in the marines??  Really?
>
> My Dad offered me $10k to go into the Marines in 1983 and my response
> was, "And miss fall tour? No way dude" :)

My brother was a captain in the marines for 4 or 5 years and to this
day I think his main motivating factor was that my father said he
didn't think my brother would do it (he was a bit more dismissive than
that). After he said that, my brother really had no choice-though I
don't think my dad expected it to go that way. My brother was an
investment banker and went from 6 figures to making $16k/year at OCS.