comp.lang.javascript

Is it possible to control the nuanced speed of slide show?

knowledgenotebook

Currently we have a website landing page with 3 slides and the slide show interval is every 3 seconds (http://knowledgenot...). However, I'm thinking of adding a new page, http://knowledgenot...index_f7.html
as potential new landing page, but I'd like this first page/slide to stay longer, say, 7 seconds and then 3 seconds for all other slides. I wonder if that's doable.

And here're the js and css code involved for the current setting,
http://knowledgenot...js/camera.js
http://knowledgenot...css/camera.css

If so, how?

Many thanks.
4 Answers

JJ

On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 13:26:13 -0800 (PST), justaguy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently we have a website landing page with 3 slides and the slide show interval is every 3 seconds (http://knowledgenot...). However, I'm thinking of adding a new page, http://knowledgenot...index_f7.html
> as potential new landing page, but I'd like this first page/slide to stay longer, say, 7 seconds and then 3 seconds for all other slides. I wonder if that's doable.
>
> And here're the js and css code involved for the current setting,
> http://knowledgenot...js/camera.js
> http://knowledgenot...css/camera.css
>
> If so, how?
>
> Many thanks.

Try changing:

jQuery('.camera_wrap').camera();

With this:

jQuery('.camera_wrap').camera({
time: 7000
});

knowledgenotebook

On Friday, January 30, 2015 at 8:00:36 PM UTC-5, JJ wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 13:26:13 -0800 (PST), justaguy wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Currently we have a website landing page with 3 slides and the slide show interval is every 3 seconds (http://knowledgenot...). However, I'm thinking of adding a new page, http://knowledgenot...index_f7.html
> > as potential new landing page, but I'd like this first page/slide to stay longer, say, 7 seconds and then 3 seconds for all other slides. I wonder if that's doable.
> >
> > And here're the js and css code involved for the current setting,
> > http://knowledgenot...js/camera.js
> > http://knowledgenot...css/camera.css
> >
> > If so, how?
> >
> > Many thanks.
>
> Try changing:
>
> jQuery('.camera_wrap').camera();
>
> With this:
>
> jQuery('.camera_wrap').camera({
> time: 7000
> });

Awesome. Silly me (no longer in programming mode...), thank you.

knowledgenotebook

On Friday, January 30, 2015 at 8:00:36 PM UTC-5, JJ wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 13:26:13 -0800 (PST), justaguy wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Currently we have a website landing page with 3 slides and the slide show interval is every 3 seconds (http://knowledgenot...). However, I'm thinking of adding a new page, http://knowledgenot...index_f7.html
> > as potential new landing page, but I'd like this first page/slide to stay longer, say, 7 seconds and then 3 seconds for all other slides. I wonder if that's doable.
> >
> > And here're the js and css code involved for the current setting,
> > http://knowledgenot...js/camera.js
> > http://knowledgenot...css/camera.css
> >
> > If so, how?
> >
> > Many thanks.
>
> Try changing:
>
> jQuery('.camera_wrap').camera();
>
> With this:
>
> jQuery('.camera_wrap').camera({
> time: 7000
> });

Hi, sorry to bug you again. Now I have a new problem. That is, I'd like to make part of one image (slide) into an image map.
My two attempts,
http://knowledgenot...index_f11.html
or
http://knowledgenot...index_f12.html
failed to work for the image mapping.
The goal of the image mapping is to make the two links in the image clickable and brings up respective page (download and buy).
Are we stuck?

Many thanks.

JJ

On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 18:43:32 -0800 (PST), justaguy wrote:

> Hi, sorry to bug you again. Now I have a new problem. That is, I'd like to make part of one image (slide) into an image map.
> My two attempts,
> http://knowledgenotebook.com/inde...
> or
> http://knowledgenotebook.com/inde...
> failed to work for the image mapping.
> The goal of the image mapping is to make the two links in the image clickable and brings up respective page (download and buy).
> Are we stuck?
>
> Many thanks.

I suggest checking camera.js documentation on how to use the library.