[ANN] meow 2.1.0 Released

Aaron Patterson

11/2/2008 4:19:00 AM

meow version 2.1.0 has been released!

* <http://meow.rubyforg...

Send Growl notifications via Ruby.

Changes:

### 2.1.0

* 2 Minor enhancements

* Autotest integration. Just add this to your .autotest file:
require 'meow/autotest'
* The icon option now takes a string which is assumed to be the path to an
icon.

* <http://meow.rubyforg...

--
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovem...

9 Answers

wyeknot

On Jul 30, 7:20 pm, Sherry in Vermont <sherr...@together.net> wrote:
> On 2010-07-30 19:06:42 -0400, Planet Galaxy
> <theelevenloveli...@gmail.com> said:
>
> > genny (s)cream is lethal without a garbage plate
>
> What's a garbage plate?

It's an upstate New York delicacy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_...

I've consumed quite a few Garbage Plates over the years, most recently
last December - it's a required pilgrimage whenever I'm within 30
miles of Rochester, NY. When I place my order, it's relayed to the
cook sounding like:

"cheezeborger, gard-bage, everything"

reminiscent of the old SNL skit.

Matt

Neil X

> Wyenot mentioned:
>
> [A Garbage Plate is] an upstate New York delicacy:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_...

A Garbage Plate is a combination of one selection of cheeseburger,
hamburger, red hots, white hots, Italian sausage, chicken tender, fish
(haddock), fried ham, grilled cheese, or eggs; and two sides of either
home fries, French fries, baked beans, or macaroni salad. On top of
that are the options of mustard and onions, ketchup, and Nick's
proprietary hot sauce, a greasy sauce with spices and ground beef.
It's served with rolls or Italian toast on the side,[3] which is made
fresh at the bakery next door.

*******************

> When I place my order, it's relayed to the
> cook sounding like:
>
> "cheezeborger, gard-bage, everything"
>
> reminiscent of the old SNL skit.

I can't imagine that Rochester has Greek Shopkeepers that sound
anything like they do in Chicago Gyros shops. "You like the juice??"

Peace,
Neil X.

wyeknot

On Jul 31, 12:54 am, Neil X <nei...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Wyenot mentioned:
>
> > [A Garbage Plate is] an upstate New York delicacy:
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_...
>
> A Garbage Plate is a combination of one selection of cheeseburger,
> hamburger, red hots, white hots, Italian sausage, chicken tender, fish
> (haddock), fried ham, grilled cheese, or eggs; and two sides of either
> home fries, French fries, baked beans, or macaroni salad. On top of
> that are the options of mustard and onions, ketchup, and Nick's
> proprietary hot sauce, a greasy sauce with spices and ground beef.
> It's served with rolls or Italian toast on the side,[3]  which is made
> fresh at the bakery next door.
>
> *******************
>
> > When I place my order, it's relayed to the
> > cook sounding like:
>
> > "cheezeborger, gard-bage, everything"
>
> > reminiscent of the old SNL skit.
>
> I can't imagine that Rochester has Greek Shopkeepers that sound
> anything like they do in Chicago Gyros shops.  "You like the juice??"

Jeez dude, think:
"Cheezborger, Cheezborger, Cheezborger. No Pepsi. Coke,"

There was definitely a similarity.

Matt

volkfolk

On Jul 30, 10:50 pm, wyeknot <wyeknot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 30, 7:20 pm, Sherry in Vermont <sherr...@together.net> wrote:
>
> > On 2010-07-30 19:06:42 -0400, Planet Galaxy
> > <theelevenloveli...@gmail.com> said:
>
> > > genny (s)cream is lethal without a garbage plate
>
> > What's a garbage plate?
>
> It's an upstate New York delicacy:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_...
>
> I've consumed quite a few Garbage Plates over the years, most recently
> last December - it's a required pilgrimage whenever I'm within 30
> miles of Rochester, NY.  When I place my order, it's relayed to the
> cook sounding like:
>
> "cheezeborger, gard-bage, everything"
>
> reminiscent of the old SNL skit.
>
> Matt

There is a North Shore pizza chain called "Sal's Pizza" that makes a
steak and cheese sub called the "Godfather", it remind me of a
"Garbage Plate". It has Steak, Sausage, Pepperoni, Salami, Bacon,
Cheese, Green Peppers, Red Peppers, and Onions along with mayo.

You can feel your heart slowing down and you arteries clogging with
every delicious bite. The biggest problem with it other than the
obvious health related issues is that it's so greasy that the sub roll
gets soggy and starts to fall apart.

Scot

The Lord of Eltingville

volkfolk wrote:
> On Jul 30, 10:50 pm, wyeknot <wyeknot...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jul 30, 7:20 pm, Sherry in Vermont <sherr...@together.net> wrote:

>>> What's a garbage plate?
>> It's an upstate New York delicacy:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_...
>>
>> I've consumed quite a few Garbage Plates over the years, most recently
>> last December - it's a required pilgrimage whenever I'm within 30
>> miles of Rochester, NY. When I place my order, it's relayed to the
>> cook sounding like:
>>
>> "cheezeborger, gard-bage, everything"
>>
>> reminiscent of the old SNL skit.
>>
>> Matt
>
> There is a North Shore pizza chain called "Sal's Pizza" that makes a
> steak and cheese sub called the "Godfather", it remind me of a
> "Garbage Plate". It has Steak, Sausage, Pepperoni, Salami, Bacon,
> Cheese, Green Peppers, Red Peppers, and Onions along with mayo.

Home of the 3lb pizza

> You can feel your heart slowing down and you arteries clogging with
> every delicious bite. The biggest problem with it other than the
> obvious health related issues is that it's so greasy that the sub roll
> gets soggy and starts to fall apart.
>
> Scot

volkfolk

On Jul 31, 8:18 am, The Lord of Eltingville
<tthomas@[REMOVE_TO_REPLY]ogre.net> wrote:
> volkfolk wrote:

> >> It's an upstate New York delicacy:
>
> >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_...
>
> >> I've consumed quite a few Garbage Plates over the years, most recently
> >> last December - it's a required pilgrimage whenever I'm within 30
> >> miles of Rochester, NY.  When I place my order, it's relayed to the
> >> cook sounding like:
>
> >> "cheezeborger, gard-bage, everything"
>
> >> reminiscent of the old SNL skit.
>
> >> Matt
>
> > There is a North Shore pizza chain called "Sal's Pizza" that makes a
> > steak and cheese sub called the "Godfather", it remind me of a
> > "Garbage Plate". It has Steak, Sausage, Pepperoni, Salami, Bacon,
> > Cheese, Green Peppers, Red Peppers, and Onions along with mayo.
>
> Home of the 3lb pizza

Indeed. I'm a big fan of their "slices", which are actually 2 slices
which equal a quarter of a large pie. They have some great toppings
too. They usually have 6 or 7 varieties of slices at any one time. I
especially like their spinach, tomato and feta white pizza. A "slice"
and drink makes for a pretty filling meal

Scot

The Lord of Eltingville

volkfolk wrote:
> On Jul 31, 8:18 am, The Lord of Eltingville
> <tthomas@[REMOVE_TO_REPLY]ogre.net> wrote:
>> volkfolk wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> There is a North Shore pizza chain called "Sal's Pizza" that makes a
>>> steak and cheese sub called the "Godfather", it remind me of a
>>> "Garbage Plate". It has Steak, Sausage, Pepperoni, Salami, Bacon,
>>> Cheese, Green Peppers, Red Peppers, and Onions along with mayo.
>> Home of the 3lb pizza
>
> Indeed. I'm a big fan of their "slices", which are actually 2 slices
> which equal a quarter of a large pie. They have some great toppings
> too. They usually have 6 or 7 varieties of slices at any one time. I
> especially like their spinach, tomato and feta white pizza. A "slice"
> and drink makes for a pretty filling meal

They opened one in Woburn earlier this year. I've never been in it, but
every time I drive by it, I get chest pains.

If I'm in the mood for some East Boston eats, I head to Santarpio's and
get a potato and egg sammich w/cheese and onions. Starchy, fatty
goodness...

Mouse

Neil X <neilxk@yahoo.com> wrote in news:e51ab468-1e23-4047-9c27-
002e3fac5184@x21g2000yqa.googlegroups.com:

> I can't imagine that Rochester has Greek Shopkeepers that sound
> anything like they do in Chicago Gyros shops. "You like the juice??"
>
> Peace,
> Neil X.

"No, they still control the media"

desdave

Gennesee Cream Ale... 12 Horses In, 12 Horses Out!

The Ominous Seaspods used to sing about this shit... is it any good?

Dave from Chino