comp.lang.javascript

gmail compose UI

knowledgenotebook

I really like gmail compose (function)'s UI. First, it presents a small window with an icon to Expand the window.

And I'm particularly interested in its code for the expanded window.
Source Code reveals many iframes and many many divs. I wonder if any of you have done something similar and willing to share.

Thanks in advance.
4 Answers

Michael Haufe (\"TNO\")

On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 4:40:45 PM UTC-6, justaguy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I really like gmail compose (function)'s UI. First, it presents a small window with an icon to Expand the window.
>
> And I'm particularly interested in its code for the expanded window.
> Source Code reveals many iframes and many many divs. I wonder if any of you have done something similar and willing to share.
>
> Thanks in advance.

So you're just basically interested in a "window" that sticks to the bottom right of the screen, then based on an item click can toggle to become a centered "modal" "window"?

knowledgenotebook

On Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 1:22:19 AM UTC-5, Michael Haufe (TNO) wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 4:40:45 PM UTC-6, justaguy wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I really like gmail compose (function)'s UI. First, it presents a small window with an icon to Expand the window.
> >
> > And I'm particularly interested in its code for the expanded window.
> > Source Code reveals many iframes and many many divs. I wonder if any of you have done something similar and willing to share.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> So you're just basically interested in a "window" that sticks to the bottom right of the screen, then based on an item click can toggle to become a centered "modal" "window"?

Are you saying, to have the centered and bigger 'window' first hidden as an iframe or div, and upon toggle to make it visible 'modal window'?

Thanks.

Michael Haufe (\"TNO\")

On Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 11:08:59 PM UTC-6, justaguy wrote:
> On Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 1:22:19 AM UTC-5, Michael Haufe (TNO) wrote:
> > On Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 4:40:45 PM UTC-6, justaguy wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I really like gmail compose (function)'s UI. First, it presents a small window with an icon to Expand the window.
> > >
> > > And I'm particularly interested in its code for the expanded window.
> > > Source Code reveals many iframes and many many divs. I wonder if any of you have done something similar and willing to share.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > So you're just basically interested in a "window" that sticks to the bottom right of the screen, then based on an item click can toggle to become a centered "modal" "window"?
>
> Are you saying, to have the centered and bigger 'window' first hidden as an iframe or div, and upon toggle to make it visible 'modal window'?

umm... ok?

knowledgenotebook

On Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 2:24:57 PM UTC-5, Michael Haufe (TNO) wrote:
> On Thursday, January 15, 2015 at 11:08:59 PM UTC-6, justaguy wrote:

> > > So you're just basically interested in a "window" that sticks to the bottom right of the screen, then based on an item click can toggle to become a centered "modal" "window"?
> >
> > Are you saying, to have the centered and bigger 'window' first hidden as an iframe or div, and upon toggle to make it visible 'modal window'?
>
> umm... ok?

Ok, I got it working without the modal hassle...