I don't appear to have ccrypt in my Ruby...

Xeno Campanoli

10/31/2008 2:00:00 AM

Ruby is getting that or at least something that good for encryption, isn't it?
crypt is pretty much useless for any responsible attempts at security.

xc
--
Those unfortunate enough to lean more to contrary than truth,
as they age, find themselves struggling gleefully in a deluded cloud,

2 Answers

Codeblogger

Hello Xeno,

encryption/decryption tools are available as external libraries (like in any
other good programming language).
A quick search with http://www.google.com/search?q=encry... reveals a
lot of possible solutions.

Regards,
Nicolai

Brian Candler

Xeno Campanoli wrote:
> Ruby is getting that or at least something that good for encryption,

There is a comprehensive binding to openssl in the standard library.
Documentation isn't brilliant but you can google for examples.

Alternatively, if you just need to encrypt and decrypt files, then you
could look at ruby-gpgme