comp.lang.javascript

TXT file into Iframe causes warning

Dr J R Stockton

12/25/2014 12:04:00 PM

I am using Firefox with Tools, Web Developer, Web Console (Ctrl-Shift-K)
and this code :-

function RequestData() {
addCallback(Ifr1, "load", SelectReadings)
Ifr1.src = E7form.Fname.value.trim() }

function SelectReadings() { var Lines
removeCallback(Ifr1, "load", SelectReadings)
Lines = Ifr1.contentDocument.body.innerHTML.split(/\n/)

The page executing the code, and the file named in FName, are both on my
Windows C: drive, and the file, which is plain seven-bit text and
numbers in a *.TXT file, shows in the iframe pointed to by Ifr1, and
Lines receives the correct contents.

BUT - Web Console gives the Warning "! The character encoding of a
framed document was not declared. The document may appear different if
viewed without the document framing it." which is annoying.

Can, and if so how can, this particular warning be eliminated, by
altering the beginning of the TXT file or by altering the displaying
page/script or both?

BTW, the code works for me in some other browsers, but not in Chrome.

Observation :-

It is very easy to present the results of a set of calculations in a
TextArea, but AFAICS there is no direct provision for printing the
content of a TextArea. It is sufficiently easy to transfer the content
of the TextArea, adding PRE and changing \n to <br>, to an Iframe (and
to get the same result without using the TextArea). In Firefox at
least, a right click in the Iframe enters a direct route to printing out
_only_ the content of the frame. The following code fragment could
provide sufficient clues :-

Ifr2.src = "javascript:'<pre>" + Arr2.join("<br>") + "<\/pre>'"
Ifr2.style.height = Arr2.length*2.7 + "ex"

One can also add HTML formatting into the contents of Arr2.

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London, UK. For Mail, see Home Page. Turnpike, WinXP.
Web <http://www.merlyn.demon.... - FAQ-type topics, acronyms, and links.

Chris in Hopkins

How about
> explaining where Lebowski found a roasted pig in Tronland!?  ...or why
> they had to eat!?  ;)
>
> Anyway...if you liked the movie, glad for you.  End of rant.
>
> Greg

Just saw the movie and I really liked it. Yeah not the greatest
dialogue but whatever. I had a good time watching it and I was bummed
when it ended.

I couldn't believe how awesome the rug was in Flynn's house. That rug
really tied the room together, did it not? ;-)

Chris

appetite4pinball

On Dec 20, 11:58 am, appetite4pinball <mgsiev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 20, 10:31 am, Rare Hero <rarehero...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 20, 7:08 am, Kwisatz <s.ang...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > > Yeah, Floating mountains in the sky was real believable!
>
> > It was believable in the context of that world...and - it was
> > explained....gravitational vortex or some shit. ;)  How about
> > explaining where Lebowski found a roasted pig in Tronland!?  ...or why
> > they had to eat!?  ;)
>
> > Anyway...if you liked the movie, glad for you.  End of rant.
>
> > Greg
>
> Tron Guy liked it :)http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/12/tron-guy-reviews-tr...
>
> I'm going to see it tonight.  I'll post my findings tomorrow.  I-Max
> was sold out on Saturday, so I watched "The Fighter" instead which is
> a great movie!
>
> -Mike

I saw the movie last night in I-Max 3D and enjoyed it. Sure the
acting and the story were nothing to write home about, but the eye
candy and the audio more than made up for it! Daft Punk did a
tremendous job on the soundtrack! If you enjoyed the original TRON
movie, i think you would enjoy Legacy. It's similar in many regards.
With that being said, I'm not sure if this movie will track well with
women and people that were not fans of the original movie. My
girlfriend saw it with me and thought it was a 2 star movie at best.
She didn't think it was nearly as good as Avatar in 3D (which she saw
several times in the theaters) and I'd have to agree with her. If
you're somebody that hated the Avatar movie for having a recycled plot
and a shallow script, I would save your money and skip this movie
because this movie has almost no character development, it strikes
little emotion, and the story is as recycled as they come. If you can
overlook these things and just enjoy the movie for the great action
and audio and video effects that it provides, I think you will enjoy
it!

-Mike

brokenvette

On Dec 21, 11:39 am, appetite4pinball <mgsiev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 20, 11:58 am, appetite4pinball <mgsiev...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > It was believable in the context of that world...and - it was
> > > explained....gravitational vortex or some shit. ;)  How about
> > > explaining where Lebowski found a roasted pig in Tronland!?  ...or why
> > > they had to eat!?  ;)
>
> > > Anyway...if you liked the movie, glad for you.  End of rant.
>
> > > Greg
>
> > Tron Guy liked it :)http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/12/tron-guy-reviews-tr...
>
> > I'm going to see it tonight.  I'll post my findings tomorrow.  I-Max
> > was sold out on Saturday, so I watched "The Fighter" instead which is
> > a great movie!
>
> > -Mike
>
> I saw the movie last night in I-Max 3D and enjoyed it.  Sure the
> acting and the story were nothing to write home about, but the eye
> candy and the audio more than made up for it!  Daft Punk did a
> tremendous job on the soundtrack!   If you enjoyed the original TRON
> movie, i think you would enjoy Legacy.  It's similar in many regards.
> With that being said, I'm not sure if this movie will track well with
> women and people that were not fans of the original movie.  My
> girlfriend saw it with me and thought it was a 2 star movie at best.
> She didn't think it was nearly as good as Avatar in 3D (which she saw
> several times in the theaters) and I'd have to agree with her.  If
> you're somebody that hated the Avatar movie for having a recycled plot
> and a shallow script, I would save your money and skip this movie
> because this movie has almost no character development, it strikes
> little emotion, and the story is as recycled as they come.  If you can
> overlook these things and just enjoy the movie for the great action
> and audio and video effects that it provides, I think you will enjoy
> it!
>
> -Mike- Hide quoted text -

Yes but the chic in latex was hot, or did I say that already. Maybe I
have a problem ;)

ldnayman

I have yet to hear a single person here say the movie had an engaging
story or interesting characters.

These are the things that make a movie enjoyable to me. Fancy effects
aren't enough in an age where the average toilet bowl cleaner
commercial is full of fancy effects.

I will skip this film, at least until TBS starts showing it twice a
day in a couple years.

`•Starfighter••

On Dec 21, 1:04 pm, ldnayman <ldnay...@aol.com> wrote:
> I have yet to hear a single person here say the movie had an engaging
> story or interesting characters.
>
> These are the things that make a movie enjoyable to me. Fancy effects
> aren't enough in an age where the average toilet bowl cleaner
> commercial is full of fancy effects.
>
> I will skip this film, at least until TBS starts showing it twice a
> day in a couple years.

Geez Levi, you're a real party pooper!

Legacy is the setup movie for Tron:Reloaded and then
Tron:Revolutions. The plan is for interesting characters and engaging
stories to develop over time. Just take a chill pill and enjoy
Legacy for what is it.... Spectacular!

-Mike

MB

On Dec 21, 9:39 am, appetite4pinball <mgsiev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 20, 11:58 am, appetite4pinball <mgsiev...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > It was believable in the context of that world...and - it was
> > > explained....gravitational vortex or some shit. ;)  How about
> > > explaining where Lebowski found a roasted pig in Tronland!?  ...or why
> > > they had to eat!?  ;)
>
> > > Anyway...if you liked the movie, glad for you.  End of rant.
>
> > > Greg
>
> > Tron Guy liked it :)http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/12/tron-guy-reviews-tr...
>
> > I'm going to see it tonight.  I'll post my findings tomorrow.  I-Max
> > was sold out on Saturday, so I watched "The Fighter" instead which is
> > a great movie!
>
> > -Mike
>
> I saw the movie last night in I-Max 3D and enjoyed it.  Sure the
> acting and the story were nothing to write home about, but the eye
> candy and the audio more than made up for it!  Daft Punk did a
> tremendous job on the soundtrack!   If you enjoyed the original TRON
> movie, i think you would enjoy Legacy.  It's similar in many regards.
> With that being said, I'm not sure if this movie will track well with
> women and people that were not fans of the original movie.  My
> girlfriend saw it with me and thought it was a 2 star movie at best.
> She didn't think it was nearly as good as Avatar in 3D (which she saw
> several times in the theaters) and I'd have to agree with her.  If
> you're somebody that hated the Avatar movie for having a recycled plot
> and a shallow script, I would save your money and skip this movie
> because this movie has almost no character development, it strikes
> little emotion, and the story is as recycled as they come.  If you can
> overlook these things and just enjoy the movie for the great action
> and audio and video effects that it provides, I think you will enjoy
> it!
>
> -Mike

Yea, and women buy and play a ton of pinball. LOL
They are not Stern's market. But people who LIKED TRON are def their
market.
(Greg notwithstanding:-)

Mike D

From: Mike D <mjtadallas@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.games.pinball
Subject: Re: TRON-LEGACY movie getting BAD advance reviews, NOW WHAT???
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 14:23:51 -0800 (PST)
<Xns9E53D410C4492raptor68428yahoocom@69.16.185.250> <d4c27f9b-6b73-462c-b00d-b9e10c86cba7@z26g2000prf.googlegroups.com>
<98a6392c-3565-40c2-bb0b-bebc1abc7c15@k22g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>
<1fea9239-4ff5-4239-93e5-ba7ac65ee74a@35g2000prb.googlegroups.com>
<9f59e187-fabb-44a2-80e5-a188b7c3a314@u9g2000pra.googlegroups.com>
<636faf13-f53d-4d8c-8e0b-8223ac81cb95@u9g2000pra.googlegroups.com>
<eb21e038-7878-429d-8564-28122489c02b@32g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>
<b51f007a-4148-4731-9418-df8f8fac9b4d@s4g2000yql.googlegroups.com>
<9cf9aaae-7a37-4ae2-9098-6fd4256a998d@n10g2000yqd.googlegroups.com> <53e97bf7-9a50-48f6-9b68-a9b54b758e46@s4g2000yql.googlegroups.com>

On Dec 21, 2:04 pm, ldnayman <ldnay...@aol.com> wrote:
> I have yet to hear a single person here say the movie had an engaging
> story or interesting characters.
>
> These are the things that make a movie enjoyable to me. Fancy effects
> aren't enough in an age where the average toilet bowl cleaner
> commercial is full of fancy effects.
>
> I will skip this film, at least until TBS starts showing it twice a
> day in a couple years.

I agree. That is why no movie will ever compete with "Howard the
Duck" Excellent characters and true heart felt dialogue is what any
good movie is built on.

Mike

spike

How about a reboot?

= new Tron World

Saw the film on Saturday and was REALLY looking forward to it as I was
wowed by the original when it first screened and the trailers had got
me excited.

Came away not that impressed. Effects are nice, as they should be, but
the 3-D (where it was) didn't do it for me. I'm not a 3-D fan, to me
it looks like lots of flat postcards of people set up different
distances from me, rather than a 3-dimensional viewpoint. I much
sooner would have the sensation I got as a youngster with my
Viewmaster :-)

Considering how many people helped to write it and that Pixar had a
hand in rewrites, it was a very basic storyline. Last movie that
impressed me was Inception.

Hope the pin is better than the film!

Spike
Nottingham, England

> > > in the silly new age subplot that went practically nowhere (maybe they
> > > have plans for it in follow up films).
>
> > How can they go any further with it? Didnt Flynn destroy himself and
> > the Tron world?
>
> The real master control program is Disney.

Deadly

On Dec 21, 2:18 pm, MB <m...@bergnz.com> wrote:
> Yea, and women buy and play a ton of pinball. LOL
> They are not Stern's market. But people who LIKED TRON are def their
> market.
> (Greg notwithstanding:-)

My wife loves pinball and is just as excited as I am about Tron
"possibly" being made. How many wives are OK with dropping $5-$6K for
a pinball machine?

Mike D

> My wife loves pinball and is just as excited as I am about Tron
> "possibly" being made. How many wives are OK with dropping $5-$6K for
> a pinball machine?

You probably aren't alone, but your wife should be classified as
rarity. Not all of us are that lucky ;)

Mike