comp.lang.javascript

Minimise total steps and average node connectivity.

JT

12/18/2014 6:37:00 AM

I will try to construct a generic node optimizer, to minimize number of steps needed to travel between any points/nodes within a graph tree that have symmetric branch structure.

Before i start can i ask, am i inventing the wheel again, not that it really matter i will go through with it anyway it is for recreation.

But is the optimal algorithm for travelling a symmetric branch tree in least number of steps using x extensions from y nodes already known?

Jonas
2 Answers

JT

Den torsdagen den 18:e december 2014 kl. 07:36:44 UTC+1 skrev jonas.t...@gmail.com:
> I will try to construct a generic node optimizer, to minimize number of steps needed to travel between any points/nodes within a graph tree that have symmetric branch structure.
>
> Before i start can i ask, am i inventing the wheel again, not that it really matter i will go through with it anyway it is for recreation.
>
> But is the optimal algorithm for travelling a symmetric branch tree in least number of steps using x extensions from y nodes already known?
>
> Jonas

Maybe i should rephrase question are ther any other solutions then bruteforce known?

Chris M. Thomasson

> wrote in message

> [...]

> But is the optimal algorithm for travelling a symmetric branch
> tree in least number of steps using x extensions from y nodes
> already known?

I guess you can try some of these:

http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~ramirez/ce_old/projects/NetworkEvo...

http://www.pnas.org/content/110/48/1929...