Problems with Pcacp Library

Protos Jack

10/26/2008 5:45:00 PM

Hi!

I want to work with the pcap library, and I installed libpcap and pcap
library in Ubuntu, but when I try a code, there is an error:

/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/pcaplet.rb:51:in `lookupdev': no suitable device found
(Pcap::PcapError)
from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/pcaplet.rb:51:in `initialize'
from httpsniff.rb:4:in `new'
from httpsniff.rb:4

I searched but i didnt find what to do (I've already required the
library...)

Thanks, and sorry for my english ^^

David Rio

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Protos Jack <protos.nu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I want to work with the pcap library, and I installed libpcap and pcap
> library in Ubuntu, but when I try a code, there is an error:
>
> /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/pcaplet.rb:51:in `lookupdev': no suitable device found
> (Pcap::PcapError)
> from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/pcaplet.rb:51:in `initialize'
> from httpsniff.rb:4:in `new'
> from httpsniff.rb:4
>
> I searched but i didnt find what to do (I've already required the
> library...)

Do you have any interface available that the library can use to sniff from?
If so,
be sure you run your script as root.

If still doesn't work post the code your are trying to run.

-drd

Eric

I've clearcoated with autoclear before and had cracks and dimples that
weren't filled with the first coat of clear. What I did in that
situation was take the two-part clear, mix up an eye-dropper full and
drop it into the crack/dimple to fill it. Put enough on so that it is
slightly higher than the surounding playfield. When it cures, sand it
back down to level and you'reall set. Maybe you can get the guy who
did the work to send you two containers with each part of clear (if he
used a 2-part), then mix it yourself and you'll be working with the
same material. I always finish up with a fresh coat of clear after
all the cracks and dimples are filled and leveled, but you should be
ok just buffing it when you are done, since that isn't an option for
you.