gemtacular?

Daniel Berger

Anyone know what happened to gemtacular.com? Is it down for good?

Thanks,

Dan

6 Answers

brokenvette

On Dec 20, 12:23 pm, Jonny O <jonnyna...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Saw it yesterday.  It's not fantastic but it's not garbage.  Certainly
> not a flop.  Predictably heavy on eye candy and style.  The light
> cycle scene was better in the first film.
>
> The first film is basically a corporate espionage film and that's the
> way they should have kept the second.  Jeff Bridges has sort of gone
> off to hollywood new age land these days and I wonder if he had a part
> in the silly new age subplot that went practically nowhere (maybe they
> have plans for it in follow up films).

How can they go any further with it? Didnt Flynn destroy himself and
the Tron world?

Jonny O

On Dec 20, 10:37 am, Mark Clayton <spamuser1...@i87.com> wrote:
> Not so much New Age as Buddhism. Here's an article on Bridges
> and the Buddhist influence in Tron Legacy:
>
> http://www.whispy.com/blog/jeff-bridges-on-the-buddhist-inf......
>
> Bridges had his own personal "Zen teacher" on-set with him during
> the filming.  I remember when Sci-Fi was space ships and ray guns.
> Now it's apparently Zen meditation and magic trees.
>
> -Mark
> -----http://pinb...
>
> On 12/20/2010 1:23 PM, Jonny O wrote:
>
> > Saw it yesterday.  It's not fantastic but it's not garbage.  Certainly
> > not a flop.  Predictably heavy on eye candy and style.  The light
> > cycle scene was better in the first film.
>
> > The first film is basically a corporate espionage film and that's the
> > way they should have kept the second.  Jeff Bridges has sort of gone
> > off to hollywood new age land these days and I wonder if he had a part
> > in the silly new age subplot that went practically nowhere (maybe they
> > have plans for it in follow up films).

It's the weakest aspect of the film. To pull off anything religious/
philosophical you need a really strong storyline and characters.
Stapling it onto an otherwise popcorn flick plot, bracketed by product
placement and Daft Punk, it makes Bridges' character look more like a
burnt out stoner than an aged seer.

Mark Clayton

Maybe he was backed up on floppy.

-Mark
-----
http://pinb...

On 12/20/2010 1:49 PM, brokenvette wrote:
> On Dec 20, 12:23 pm, Jonny O<jonnyna...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Saw it yesterday. It's not fantastic but it's not garbage. Certainly
>> not a flop. Predictably heavy on eye candy and style. The light
>> cycle scene was better in the first film.
>>
>> The first film is basically a corporate espionage film and that's the
>> way they should have kept the second. Jeff Bridges has sort of gone
>> off to hollywood new age land these days and I wonder if he had a part
>> in the silly new age subplot that went practically nowhere (maybe they
>> have plans for it in follow up films).
>
> How can they go any further with it? Didnt Flynn destroy himself and
> the Tron world?

Jonny O

On Dec 20, 10:49 am, brokenvette <zr11...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Dec 20, 12:23 pm, Jonny O <jonnyna...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Saw it yesterday.  It's not fantastic but it's not garbage.  Certainly
> > not a flop.  Predictably heavy on eye candy and style.  The light
> > cycle scene was better in the first film.
>
> > The first film is basically a corporate espionage film and that's the
> > way they should have kept the second.  Jeff Bridges has sort of gone
> > off to hollywood new age land these days and I wonder if he had a part
> > in the silly new age subplot that went practically nowhere (maybe they
> > have plans for it in follow up films).
>
> How can they go any further with it? Didnt Flynn destroy himself and
> the Tron world?

The real master control program is Disney.

skbrothers

end of line....

Lloyd Olson

In 25 years we'll have the 6D sequel. Popcorn will be popped within the
movie and blown on warm buttery salty air to the audience. LTG :)