comp.lang.javascript

Source maps question

alexarsh5

I'm using gulp + watchify + browserify and now I want to add minification.
My gulpfile looks like this:

var gulp = require('gulp');
var browserify = require('gulp-browserify');
var source = require('vinyl-source-stream');
var buffer = require('vinyl-buffer');
var uglify = require('gulp-uglify');
var sourcemaps = require('gulp-sourcemaps');
var rename = require('gulp-rename');

var bundle_file_name = 'bundle.js';
var bundle_file_path = './js/';

var watched_scripts = [bundle_file_path + '**/*.js', '!' + bundle_file_path + bundle_file_name];

gulp.task('watch', function() {
gulp.watch(watched_scripts, ['browserify']);
});
gulp.task('browserify', function() {
gulp.src('./js/app.js')
.pipe(browserify({}))
.pipe(uglify())
.pipe(buffer())
.pipe(rename(bundle_file_name))
.pipe(sourcemaps.init())
.pipe(sourcemaps.write())
.pipe(gulp.dest(bundle_file_path));
});

gulp.task('default', ['browserify', 'watch']);

I'm getting minified bundle.js with a sourcemap inside the same file.
I would like to know if there is an option:
To see the original files before the bundle.js was created
or
To see the not minified version of bundle.js relying on the sourcemap

Is it possible in chrome developer tools for example or the sourcemap can only give me the original line numbers but not the original files?
And if yes, how can I change my gulpfile in case it need to be changed?

Thanks,
Arshavski Alexander
5 Answers

Chris Hibler

On Dec 20, 10:51 am, pindude77 <dber...@teamdba.com> wrote:
> On Dec 19, 4:32 pm, Kerry Imming <kcimm...@magnaspeed.net> wrote:
>

> > On Dec 19, 4:55 pm, pindude77 <dber...@teamdba.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi Team,
> > >      My Gottlieb Ship Ahoy game has me stumped. The game was running
> > > perfectly when I put it into storage (in the next room) a year ago.
> > > Now, after setting it up to get ready for holiday visits, the game
> > > does not start up.
> > >      Here is what happens:  I press the start button, and the score
> > > reels reset, the motor turns (and doesn't stop), and one of the
> > > stepper units chatters away, but does not reset. The ball doesn't kick
> > > out.
> > >      If I release the AX relay hold, the game will (mostly) function.
> > > Either the 1,000 or 500 point relay doesn't seem to be working
> > > correctly -- the motor turns but no points are awarded. I mainly
> > > mention this issue in case it is even remotely related.
> > >      Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> > > Thanks,
> > > David
>
> > There are two units that must reset in addition to the score reels.
> > Check the BALL COUNT unit and the LIGHTBOX ADVANCE unit.  Operate them
> > manually to see that they are stepping and reseting crisply.  Once
> > those two are reseting completely they will reset the AX relay which
> > should stop the SCORE MOTOR.
>
> > - Kerryhttp://www.T...
>
> Hi Kerry,
>      I pulled the cover off of the backbox and the stepper unit on the
> bottom is the one that is firing again and again, but not resetting.
> Am I looking for the stepper unit to reach a certain point that will
> open or close a switch? It seems to be rotated to it's last possible
> position already -- it's just clacking away, and when I rotate the
> stepper unit to a position that is earlier on the disc, it steps all
> the way to that end "spot", but never "catches"...
>
> Thanks,
> David

David,

In general, steppers will open or close a switch when they reach the
end of their rotation so that the game knows that. Note that sum
steppers, like earlier 00-90 units, step 360 degrees without ever
"backing up".

Look for that switch on the stepper to make sure that it's sending the
correct signal back.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.T...

Kerry Imming

On Dec 20, 10:51 am, pindude77 <dber...@teamdba.com> wrote:
> Hi Kerry,
>      I pulled the cover off of the backbox and the stepper unit on the
> bottom is the one that is firing again and again, but not resetting.
> Am I looking for the stepper unit to reach a certain point that will
> open or close a switch? It seems to be rotated to it's last possible
> position already -- it's just clacking away, and when I rotate the
> stepper unit to a position that is earlier on the disc, it steps all
> the way to that end "spot", but never "catches"...
>
> Thanks,
> David- Hide quoted text -

There's a make-break switch on the backbox unit that should open when
it gets to the zero position to indicate that reset is complete. You
should be able to see the switches activate by operating the unit
manually. The switch in question has BLUE-YELLOW and GREEN-YELLOW
wires.

- Kerry

pindude77

On Dec 20, 10:20 am, Kerry Imming <kcimm...@magnaspeed.net> wrote:
> On Dec 20, 10:51 am, pindude77 <dber...@teamdba.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Kerry,
> >      I pulled the cover off of the backbox and the stepper unit on the
> > bottom is the one that is firing again and again, but not resetting.
> > Am I looking for the stepper unit to reach a certain point that will
> > open or close a switch? It seems to be rotated to it's last possible
> > position already -- it's just clacking away, and when I rotate the
> > stepper unit to a position that is earlier on the disc, it steps all
> > the way to that end "spot", but never "catches"...
>
> > Thanks,
> > David- Hide quoted text -

> There's a make-break switch on the backbox unit that should open when
> it gets to the zero position to indicate that reset is complete.  You
> should be able to see the switches activate by operating the unit
> manually.  The switch in question has BLUE-YELLOW and GREEN-YELLOW
> wires.
>
> - Kerry

Hi Kerry, Chris,
Thanks! I will check it out and report back.

David

Kerry Imming

On Dec 21, 12:32 am, pindude77 <dber...@teamdba.com> wrote:

> Hi Kerry, Chris,
>      Thanks! I will check it out and report back.
>
> David- Hide quoted text -

Oh... one more thing. If the backbox jones plugs were disconnected
when in storage, make sure you have them plugged in correctly.

- Kerry

pindude77

On Dec 21, 6:57 am, Kerry Imming <kcimm...@magnaspeed.net> wrote:
> On Dec 21, 12:32 am, pindude77 <dber...@teamdba.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi Kerry, Chris,
> >      Thanks! I will check it out and report back.
>
> > David- Hide quoted text -

> Oh... one more thing.  If the backbox jones plugs were disconnected
> when in storage, make sure you have them plugged in correctly.
>
> - Kerry

Hi Kerry,
Thanks! I will check that as well. I hope to report back
tomorrow.

Thanks,
Davidx