comp.lang.javascript

Line object in javascript.

JT

11/5/2014 1:18:00 PM

I was thinking making an asteroid game in javacript using simple line graphics. Is there a standard for howto store and encode line objects.
2 Answers

Michael Haufe (\"TNO\")

On Wednesday, November 5, 2014 7:18:30 AM UTC-6, jonas.t...@gmail.com wrote:
> I was thinking making an asteroid game in javacript using simple line graphics. Is there a standard for howto store and encode line objects.

It is no different than storing other objects in your scene graph. You need to decide how you wish to do this. If you aren't even sure of that, than I would suggest looking at a few existing examples on the interwebs for inspriration.

<http://www.dhteumeuleu.com/yoshis-...
<http://www.canvasdemo...

Have you decided on what technology you plan to implement the game? SVG? Canvas? WebGL? Other?

JT

Den torsdagen den 6:e november 2014 kl. 01:49:36 UTC+1 skrev Michael Haufe (TNO):
> On Wednesday, November 5, 2014 7:18:30 AM UTC-6, jonas.t...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I was thinking making an asteroid game in javacript using simple line graphics. Is there a standard for howto store and encode line objects.
>
> It is no different than storing other objects in your scene graph. You need to decide how you wish to do this. If you aren't even sure of that, than I would suggest looking at a few existing examples on the interwebs for inspriration.
>
> <http://www.dhteumeuleu.com/yoshis-...
> <http://www.canvasdemo...
>
> Have you decided on what technology you plan to implement the game? SVG? Canvas? WebGL? Other?

I am only familiar with canvas so i start of there, but i probably learn WebGL at some point.