comp.lang.javascript

New Javascript Packer To Obfuscate Shrink Compress & Minify

0ntariokingston

10/29/2014 8:41:00 AM

I made http://whak.c... and it seems to make scripts smaller than the competition. Please report issues at the bottom of page...

It will parse and recompile your script, so minor errors (like missing semi colons at end of lines) are automatically fixed.

www.make-a-meme.com
6 Answers

Denis McMahon

On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 01:41:21 -0700, 0ntariokingston wrote:

> It will parse and recompile your script, so minor errors (like missing
> semi colons at end of lines) are automatically fixed.

When you say "parse and recompile", what exactly do you mean?

Before using any sort of minifier, it is always a good idea to make sure
that your script is working correctly anyway. Anyone relying on the
minifier to correct syntax errors is a complete idiot.

--
Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon@gmail.com

0ntariokingston

Wow Denis. So often I will forget a simple semicolon at the end of a line. With multi lined scripts it is fine, but now we make the script all one line, its an error. I GUESS I AM A COMPLETE IDIOT, probably too stupid to carry on conversing with you...

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Christian White wrote:

> Wow Denis. So often I will forget a simple semicolon at the end of a line.
> With multi lined scripts it is fine, but now we make the script all one
> line, its an error. I GUESS I AM A COMPLETE IDIOT, probably too stupid to
> carry on conversing with you...

OK, you are asking for it:

You are stupid enough

- to use the borken Google Groups Web interface to Usenet, producing lines
of 200 characters and more;

- to produce new threads as if you changed shirts (for which, partially,
your choice of posting agent is to blame), giving the impression that
you are actually out to advertize, not discuss, your software;

- to continue to not quote anything that you are referring to, despite
examples to the contrary given to you before;

- to use all-caps for emphasis;

- to not read the newsgroup before you first posted here;

- to not read one of the FAQs of this newsgroup in which most of the above
is explained.

HTH

--
PointedEars
FAQ: <http://PointedEars.... | SVN: <http://PointedEars.de...

0ntariokingston

http://www.scriptcompress.com/WH... is a complete remake that rids of the bloating obfuscators

0ntariokingston

On Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:55:54 AM UTC-4, Denis McMahon wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 01:41:21 -0700, 0ntariokingston wrote:
>
> > It will parse and recompile your script, so minor errors (like missing
> > semi colons at end of lines) are automatically fixed.
>
> When you say "parse and recompile", what exactly do you mean?
>
> Before using any sort of minifier, it is always a good idea to make sure
> that your script is working correctly anyway. Anyone relying on the
> minifier to correct syntax errors is a complete idiot.
>
> --
> Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon@gmail.com

http://www.scriptcompress.com/e... is an extreme version for smaller scripts. It achieves better compression, but only intended for scripts 2KB and under. I being a complete idiot rely on the built in parser to fix errors (even the sample has errors on purpose).

0ntariokingston

scriptcompress.com does everything listed on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Min...(programming)

JavaScript optimizers such as JSMin[1] and Packer[2] are specially designed for modern web programming techniques, and are able to understand and preserve conditional comments, and similar. Packer, for instance, can optionally Base64 compress the given source code in a manner that can be decompressed by regular web browsers, as well as shrink variable names that are typically 5-10 characters to single letters, which reduces the file size of the script and, therefore, makes it download faster.[3] Google has released their Closure Compiler, which also provides minification as well as the ability to introduce more aggressive renaming, removing dead code, and providing function inlining.[4] In addition, certain online tools, such as Microsoft Ajax Minifier,[5] the Yahoo! YUI Compressor or Pretty Diff,[6] can compress CSS files.[citation needed] There is a PowerShell script named "minifyPS"[7] that is able to shrink PowerShell script code as well as JavaScript code. There is a free online tool that can minify JS[8] with UglifyJS and has the ability to combine multiple files at BlimptonTech.com.[9]