Apps for Democracy Contest $20,000 in Prizes

corbett3000

10/19/2008 9:48:00 PM

Hey Guys...we're holding an innovation contest and would love to see
some slick ruby apps entered. here's the info:

Apps for Democracy will feature 60 cash prizes from $2000 to $100
dollars for a total of $20,000 in prizes. Developers and designers
will compete by creating web applications, widgets, Google Maps mash-
ups, iPhone apps, Facebook apps, and other digital utilities that
visualize DC.gov’s Data Catalog (http://data.o...), which
provides real-time data from multiple agencies to citizens — a
catalyst ensuring agencies operate as more responsive, better
performing organizations.

More at http://www.appsfordem...

-Peter (@corbet3000)
5 Answers

Capricorne

Adam H. Kerman wrote :
> Capricorne <capricorne@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Adam H. Kerman wrote :

>>> You're a complete and utter moron, trots. I indulged you and looked at
>>> the listings; it's not there. There's absolutely no reason why Comcast
>>> would carry WGN America for Chicago-area subscribers, given that the
>>> programming is almost entirely redundant of WGN broadcast.
>
>>> People from other parts of the country report that Comcast doesn't
>>> offer WGN America either.
>
>>> Why would in-house advertising of Salem mention channel numbers on Dish
>>> and DirectTV but not on Comcast or any other cable operator?
>
>> I have WGN9, and there is no mention of Salem tonight on my DVR. Damn!
>
> Are you a satellite subscriber?

No. Cable in Canada.

trotsky

On 4/20/14 12:39 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

>>> The ads here in Chicago, on WGN broadcast, note the channel numbers on
>>> Dish and DirectTV, so none of the cable providers carry it. You'd think
>>> they could put the minor amount of non-WGN broadcast programming on a
>>> subchannel.
>
>> http://www.locatetv.com/listin...
>
>> It sure looks like Comcast has WGN America to me. Pardon me for not
>> going the lemming route.
>
> You're a complete and utter moron, trots. I indulged you and looked at
> the listings; it's not there. There's absolutely no reason why Comcast
> would carry WGN America for Chicago-area subscribers, given that the
> programming is almost entirely redundant of WGN broadcast.

I don't live in Chicago, I live near Rockford. Thus, by proxy, you're
the fucking idiot, right? That site directs people to their regionally
available channels--is any of this getting through? I don't know what
WGN expects local people to do to watch Salem, maybe they have it
available on the website after it airs on WGN America. I do think there
is some percentage of Comcast area that don't have WGNAm, but I don't
know what that percentage is. Since you've made an ass of yourself thus
far, perhaps you can compile a list as your mea culpa. Or excuse
yourself as a scum sucking troll, whatever.

trotsky

On 4/20/14 3:04 PM, Capricorne wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman wrote :
>> Capricorne <capricorne@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I have WGN9, and there is no mention of Salem tonight on my DVR. Damn!
>>
>> Are you a satellite subscriber?
>
> No. Cable in Canada.

There's probably a different deal arranged in Canada. Interestingly,
though, this show is actually being produced by WGNAm, a first for them.
Business must be good.

trotsky

On 4/20/14 3:04 PM, Capricorne wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman wrote :
>> Capricorne <capricorne@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I have WGN9, and there is no mention of Salem tonight on my DVR. Damn!
>>
>> Are you a satellite subscriber?
>
> No. Cable in Canada.

This would appear to answer your question:

http://scifiandtvtalk.typepad.com/scifiandtvtalk/2014/04/salem-premieres-this-month-on-canadas-space-ch...

Are you familiar with Google?

Adam H. Kerman

trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:
>On 4/20/14 12:39 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

>>>http://www.locatetv.com/listin...

>>>It sure looks like Comcast has WGN America to me. Pardon me for not
>>>going the lemming route.

>>You're a complete and utter moron, trots. I indulged you and looked at
>>the listings; it's not there. There's absolutely no reason why Comcast
>>would carry WGN America for Chicago-area subscribers, given that the
>>programming is almost entirely redundant of WGN broadcast.

>I don't live in Chicago, I live near Rockford.

First time you've mentioned it. When I looked at the site, it assumed I
was on a head end in the western suburbs for whatever reason.

>Thus, by proxy, you're the fucking idiot, right?

My original statement referred to "The ads here in Chicago"; you chose
not to read it for comprehension.

>That site directs people to their regionally available channels--is any
>of this getting through?

Ok, douchebag: Checking this site and other sites and Comcast's own
corporate site using various ZIP Codes, I haven't found WGN America on
Comcast. At no point did I state that no where in the country did Comcast
offer WGN America.

rest of your blather deleted unread