Record and analyze sound from mic

Sandro Paganotti

Hello

I'm looking for someone who had already tried (or, at least, has some ideas
about how to do it) to record sounds from the mic port using Ruby.

Plus I'm also looking for a gem that can help me read and operate on a sound
stream (the sound stream that comes from the mic :)

Thanks
Sandro

1 Answer

Marc Heiler

Sandro Paganotti wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm looking for someone who had already tried (or, at least, has some
> ideas
> about how to do it) to record sounds from the mic port using Ruby.
>
> Plus I'm also looking for a gem that can help me read and operate on a
> sound
> stream (the sound stream that comes from the mic :)
>
> Thanks
> Sandro

Are you on Linux? On Linux there are several ways, unfortunately I have
never verified one that works for me hehe...

but if it is a command, you can call this command in your ruby script

`command_to_perform`

PS: I think alsa has something to record Mixer