comp.lang.javascript

A Good Script

goodwinlive

10/12/2014 7:55:00 PM

Happy Sunday Folks

I need a condensed script to do the following:
1. Let someone create a posting like an advertisement ( one example is the craigslist post an advertisement- I am currently digging through the source to find out how it is put together).
2. Then I want the advertisement to be posted to a webpage where it can be viewed by people who log onto the website or people who simply visit the website

The way I am embarking on this is with many lines of code that I patch together from many scripts and it could take a few weeks since I am mostly a front- end dude. I am just now beginning to experiment with back- end programming in C, C ++, javascript and php.

I like that code can be shortened using loops and CDN links.

So, if someone can help me answer this riddle that'd be awesome.
I am also searching online. Again, between my other daily activities this could take a few days but I know someone could figure it out in 5 or 10 minutes.

1 Answer

Michael Haufe (\"TNO\")

On Sunday, October 12, 2014 2:55:25 PM UTC-5, goodwinlive wrote:

> I need a condensed script to do the following:
>
> 1. Let someone create a posting like an advertisement ( one example is the craigslist post an advertisement- I am currently digging through the source to find out how it is put together).
>
> 2. Then I want the advertisement to be posted to a webpage where it can be viewed by people who log onto the website or people who simply visit the website
>
> The way I am embarking on this is with many lines of code that I patch together from many scripts and it could take a few weeks since I am mostly a front- end dude. I am just now beginning to experiment with back- end programming in C, C ++, javascript and php.
>
> I like that code can be shortened using loops and CDN links.
>
> So, if someone can help me answer this riddle that'd be awesome.
>
> I am also searching online. Again, between my other daily activities this could take a few days but I know someone could figure it out in 5 or 10 minutes.

Since you're mostly a "mostly a front- end dude", I'd suggest reading a basic tutorial on client/server programming such as an intro ASP, ASP.NET, or PHP guide. For example:

http://www.w3schools.com/php/d...

Just get something basically working between client/server even if it is shitty code. After that iterate and improve at your leisure. For help, post on the groups relevant to the language/platform you've chosen