comp.lang.javascript

Julia IFS Fractal Explorer Online...

Chris M. Thomasson

8/21/2014 10:08:00 PM

Here is some extremely crude code for my Julia
IFS is JavaScript and HTML5:

http://preview.tinyurl.co...

https://plus.google.com/101799841244447089430/posts/Y...

Sort of looks like a laser light show.

To "start the show", click render.

To stop everything, uncheck the animation
checkbox and click commit.

The individual Julia sets are generated by
using the previous point. The prev_pt checkbox
controls this.

The code is raw and crude, however it should
not ever freeze your phone, browser, whatever.
Its based on animation frames...

FWIW, here is the result of the following
animation:

http://preview.tinyurl.c...

Looks like its growing brain cells or something...:

https://plus.google.com/101799841244447089430/posts/U...

Sorry for the sorry state of the code!

Anyway, does it work for you at all?

;^o

5 Answers

Chris M. Thomasson

> "Chris M. Thomasson" wrote in message

> Here is some extremely crude code for my Julia
> IFS is JavaScript and HTML5:

> http://preview.tinyurl.co...

OOPS, the link above is in error!

Try:

http://preview.tinyurl.c...

instead!

Sorry about that non-sense!

:^(

Chris M. Thomasson

> "Chris M. Thomasson" wrote in message

> Here is some extremely crude code for my Julia
> IFS is JavaScript and HTML5:
> [...]

> FWIW, here is the result of the following
> animation:

> http://preview.tinyurl.c...

FWIW, here are the settings:

http://preview.tinyurl.c...

to reproduce an animated process that can result
in a rendering similar to:

https://plus.google.com/101799841244447089430/posts/d...

Click render, and watch it assemble "itself"?

;^)

BTW, the result is going to be a little different on your
end because of the nature of pseudo random number
generators...

chowdhury

On Thu, 21 Aug 2014 15:08:20 -0700, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:

> Here is some extremely crude code for my Julia IFS is JavaScript and
> HTML5:
>
> http://preview.tinyurl.co...
>
> https://plus.google.com/101799841244447089430/posts/Y...
>
> Sort of looks like a laser light show.
>
> To "start the show", click render.
>
> To stop everything, uncheck the animation checkbox and click commit.
>
> The individual Julia sets are generated by using the previous point. The
> prev_pt checkbox controls this.
>
> The code is raw and crude, however it should not ever freeze your phone,
> browser, whatever.
> Its based on animation frames...
>

> FWIW, here is the result of the following animation:
>
> http://preview.tinyurl.c...
>
> Looks like its growing brain cells or something...:
>
> https://plus.google.com/101799841244447089430/posts/U...
>

> Sorry for the sorry state of the code!
>
> Anyway, does it work for you at all?
>
> ;^o

Apart from having no idea what this does, it does look pretty cool.

That's 2 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

chowdhury

Chris M. Thomasson

> "chowdhury" wrote in message news:ltl9nb$kae$1@dont-email.me...
>> On Thu, 21 Aug 2014 15:08:20 -0700, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
[...]

>Apart from having no idea what this does, it does look pretty cool.

Thanks.

>That's 2 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Sorry about that non-sense... Anyway it iterates a
Julia set in reverse:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_set#Plotting_the...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverse...

Chris M. Thomasson

"Chris M. Thomasson" wrote in message

[...]

IMVHO, here is an interesting animation that creates
some disk like artifacts in the upper left and lower
right of the image. You can watch it render live here:

http://preview.tinyurl.c...

Click render, and off we go!

;^)