comp.lang.javascript

Chrome is stuck in "Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs"

sethhubert1

8/17/2014 8:52:00 PM

I made the mistake of using the alert() function in a loop of 25,000 steps, and have checked the "Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs" checkbox.

Chrome will not quit processing the loop, even if I reboot the machine!

I reboot
Delete the loop and alert from my code
Start Nodejs server
Start Chrome and load my AngularJS webpage

It is STILL in the loop of code that has been deleted AFTER reboot!!!

How do I escape this??
7 Answers

judyorcarl

> What if partner has three or four small clubs?

That is the point of my comment. It is a bridge impossibility for opening leader to have 7 clubs, but pass over 1D.

So the absence of a club stopper is not immediately fatal to 1NT.

And if partner jumps to 3 without something in clubs, shame on him/her.

Carl

Fred.

On Monday, February 10, 2014 11:08:31 PM UTC-5, judyo...@verizon.net wrote:
> On Monday, February 10, 2014 10:36:26 PM UTC-5, Michelle Steiner wrote:
>
> > Holding the following hand as dealer (both not vul, match points):
>

> > 95
>

> > AKJT
>

> > AJT43
>

> > 53
>

> > After opening 1D, what is your bid over 1S?
>

> Surely if an opponent had 7 clubs, you would know by now. So what is wrong with 1NT?
>

> Carl

On the assumption that the hand will play in a part score 1NT is not
unreasonable. The downside is that partner holding a strong hand
will have a hard time visualizing such a concentration in the red
suits. Even in a part score it would not surprise me if the hand
took 7 tricks in NT but 9 tricks in diamonds.

Fred.

Mike Duffy

On Sun, 17 Aug 2014 13:51:35 -0700 (PDT), sethhubert1@gmail.com wrote:

> How do I escape this??

Abort it using "task manager".
De-install.
Re-install.

If it doesn't work, do it again, but destroy/recreate the user profile
before the re-install. This will destroy any user settings for a variety of
programs, so back up anything important first.

--
http://pages.videotron.ca/duffym...

sethhubert1

You're missing the extent of the problem. I can quit Chrome with no problem, but the loop continues!

Even if I stop Nodejs server
Even if I stop all programs and reboot!

I edited the code to do nothing, then re-booted, and the problem persists!

Something is 'caching' this 'process,' but I don't know what that is, or where I can make changes.

Denis McMahon

On Sun, 17 Aug 2014 15:34:16 -0700, sethhubert1 wrote:

> Something is 'caching' this 'process,' but I don't know what that is, or
> where I can make changes.

Chrome may have the page cached somewhere. Quit chrome, find the cache
and delete everything in it.

--
Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon@gmail.com

J. Clarke

In article <6c585547-5723-4c4c-902a-a2ea84055859@googlegroups.com>,
sethhubert1@gmail.com says...

> I made the mistake of using the alert() function in a loop of 25,000 steps, and have checked the "Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs" checkbox.
>
> Chrome will not quit processing the loop, even if I reboot the machine!
>
> I reboot
> Delete the loop and alert from my code
> Start Nodejs server
> Start Chrome and load my AngularJS webpage
>
> It is STILL in the loop of code that has been deleted AFTER reboot!!!
>
> How do I escape this??

It appears that you have a copy of your script in either the node or
chrome cache folders.

The easy thing to try is "Chrome --home" from a command line, which
should start Chrome without reloading the previous session. You may
have to specify the full path to chrome or change directory into the one
in which it is installed.

You can also look into temporarily changing the cache locations to empty
folders using the "--disk-cache-dir=" and "--media-cache-dir=" command-
line parameters for Chrome and "npm config set cache" for node.

If that doesn't work, you might want to locate and clear both caches and
see what happens. You don't say what OS you're running--under Windows
the node.js cache is normally in "%APP_DATA%\npm-cache" and the Chrome
cache is normally in
"%APP_DATA%\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache". You may have
to go into folder options and turn on "view hidden folders" or whatever
it's called on your version of Windows to get there. If you're not
running Windows, then grep for some of the code in your script and you
should be able to find where the cached copy is being stored.

sethhubert1

@J. Clarke +3

Muchas Gracias! THis is really good information. Thanks VERY much!!!