comp.lang.javascript

[ANN] Daily/Weekly JavaScript Newspaper

andreas

8/11/2014 12:33:00 PM

Hi all,

The daily edition summarizes the past 24hours, while the weekly one is a compilation of the daily ones. At the moment we monitor twitter, stackoverflow, google groups and github but we're going to add reddit, hackernews, g+ and more soon.

Cheers
Andreas

--
http://www.ne...
3 Answers

JJ

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 05:32:51 -0700 (PDT), andreas@newspaper.io wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm happy to announce the public release of my daily/weekly JavaScript
> newsletter. It has been run for a while already, but I more or less kept
> in in a kind-of beta state. Now I feel its ready for you guys, so I
> really hope you like it. If you want to subscribe, head over to
> http://www.newspaper.io/....
>
> The daily edition summarizes the past 24hours, while the weekly one is a
> compilation of the daily ones. At the moment we monitor twitter,
> stackoverflow, google groups and github but we're going to add reddit,
> hackernews, g+ and more soon.
>
> Cheers
> Andreas

twitter and g+? Might as well include facebook.
And dump newrelic will ya.

Scott Sauyet

andreas@newspaper.io wrote:
> I'm happy to announce the public release of my daily/weekly JavaScript
> newsletter. [ ... ] http://www.newspaper.io/....

Thank you very much. It's always great to see something else in this
space. Can you tell us if this is manually curated or collected from
automated processes?

-- Scott

Scott Sauyet

Scott Sauyet wrote:
> andreas@newspaper.io wrote:
>
>> I'm happy to announce the public release of my daily/weekly JavaScript
>> newsletter. [ ... ] http://www.newspaper.io/....
>
> Thank you very much. It's always great to see something else in this
> space. Can you tell us if this is manually curated or collected from
> automated processes?

I guess the question can be answered pretty clearly by noting that while
the archive [1] includes questions from this group, it included the thread:

"The Quran - The Final Revelation to Mankind"

So, no, not a human-curated list of content. (Or if so, one with an
interesting agenda!)

[1]: http://www.newspaper.io/.../archive/daily/2014-08-19

-- Scott