ERB: Format for trim_mode string

Farrel Lifson

10/14/2008 9:07:00 AM

In the documentation for ERB.new
(http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/erb/rdoc/classes/ERB.ht...)
it says:

"If trim_mode is passed a String containing one or more of the
following modifiers, ERB will adjust its code generation as listed:

% enables Ruby code processing for lines beginning with %
<> omit newline for lines starting with <% and ending in %>
> omit newline for lines ending in %>"

What is the format for this trim_mode string? I specifically want to
use the % and <> modes. I tried passing through "%<>" but it doesn't
seem to be working.

Farrel
--
Aimred - Ruby Development and Consulting
http://www....

1 Answer

Wu Junchen

Farrel Lifson wrote:
> In the documentation for ERB.new
> (http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/erb/rdoc/classes/ERB.ht...)
> it says:
>
> "If trim_mode is passed a String containing one or more of the
> following modifiers, ERB will adjust its code generation as listed:
>
> % enables Ruby code processing for lines beginning with %
> <> omit newline for lines starting with <% and ending in %>
> > omit newline for lines ending in %>"
>
> What is the format for this trim_mode string? I specifically want to
> use the % and <> modes. I tried passing through "%<>" but it doesn't
> seem to be working.
>
> Farrel

maybe your <% ruby code %> must start at the beginning of the line,there
mustn't be no more white space.