How to open a file with win32ole

Li Chen

10/13/2008 7:45:00 PM

Hi all,

I want to open a file via win32ole. I find the method 'Open' there but
always get error feedback. I wonder if anyone can give me a hand.

Thanks,

Li

########################
require 'win32ole'
fs=WIN32OLE.new('SAPI.SpFileStream')
count=1
fs.ole_methods.each{|m|
print count,"\t"
print m,"\t"
print m.return_type_detail,"\t"
puts
count+=1
}

file='c:/test.txt'
fs.open(file)###line14 here

win32ole2.rb:14:in `method_missing': open (WIN32OLERuntimeError)
OLE error code:800C0005 in <Unknown>
<No Description>
HRESULT error code:0x80020009
Exception occurred. from win32ole2.rb:14
>Exit code: 1

gz zz

try this:

require 'win32ole'
fs=WIN32OLE.new('SAPI.SpFileStream')

p fs.ole_method("open").params

file='c:/test.txt'

fs.Open(file,2) #least two params
fs.write("data")
fs.Close

Li Chen

gpy good wrote:
> try this:
>
> require 'win32ole'
> fs=WIN32OLE.new('SAPI.SpFileStream')
>
> p fs.ole_method("open").params
>
> file='c:/test.txt'
>

> fs.Open(file,2) #least two params
> fs.write("data")
> fs.Close

Hi bud,

Thank you very much for the tips. It is so sweet.

From this example I guess that if a method is on the list but the object
cannot receive it, most likely that more parameters need to be passed
in.

One more question: How am I supposed that I should pass number 2 in the
script above, instead of other numbers like, 0, 1, 10,...?

Li