comp.lang.javascript

XHR giving 405

Andrew Poulos

7/31/2014 5:34:00 AM

I'm using XHR to PUT data to a URL on IIS that looks like
http://www.dummydomain.com/activi...
Alas the call returns

HTTP Error 405.0 - Method Not Allowed
The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because an invalid
method (HTTP verb) is being used.

Giving a full URL like
http://www.dummydomain.com/activi.../default.asp
makes no difference.

Using POST instead of PUT also makes no difference.

Everything is on the one server.

I'm unsure how to resolve this :-(

Andrew Poulos
22 Answers

BeeSting Alergy

Larry Anderson thought he was smart, not so much <LOL>:
> On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 21:58:55 +0000, BeeSting Alergy wrote:
>
> > Larry Anderson wrote:

> lost >> > audience to the advantage of CNN) 3) CNN (has gained
> audience to the >> > detriment of MSNBC)
> >>
> >> http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/04/18/cable-news-ra...

> >> According to these data, about 100 million households receive Fox
> News >> as part of their cable or satellite TV service.
> >>
> >> 99% never watch it.

And less than that watch either MSNBC or CNN, right dimbulb?

> >> Indeed. ;)
> >>
> >> Oh, and did you notice that of the other 1% (*the* 1%?) it
> >> seems 40% of >> them are over 65?
> >
> > CITE.
>
> My calculator.

OIC... and NOT your brain. It shows.

> What?
>
> OK.

Voices in your head bothering you much?

> Since your pea-sized conservative brain is clearly incapable of
> performing basic arithmetic on its own, nor mastering the use of a
> calculator, I shall walk you through the steps. :)

> That is 1053000 total viewers of Fox Noise

It's "Fox News", retard... now I know which robot you worship.

> of whom 214000 are 25-54 and 450000 are 35-64.

Yes, that was very well laid out... continue, dumbass.

> Assuming that little kids aren't interested in
> cable news

This is a piss-poor assumption made by a not-too-smart idiot.
Why cannot an eight year old girl watch "The Five"?
Why cannot an 11 year old boy watch "The Kelly File"?

Aren't the metrics set at "2 years old and older"???

> and teenagers skew to MSNBC/CNN (which is well-established
> fact)

Now I see... some dumbass simply tells YOUR dumbass stuff and you
believe it - lock, stock and barrel. That's not the way I roll, dimwit.

I've YET to see any demo data that state that "teenagers skew" to MSNBC
(far-left) and/or CNN (center-left). All of what I've actually read is
that "teenagers" who are interested in the news and watch cable news
switch back and forth... sometimes Fox News and other times MSNBC.
CNN gets the shitty-end of this demo stick.

Your assumptions were WRONG.
Your conclusions (based on what someone told you) were DEAD WRONG.

<*rest of this idiot's brain-dead nonsense is clipped*>

Class, you can now put down YOUR calculators, the clown at the
blackboard is a lickspittle robotic moron who does what he's told.

Just so you know.

BeeSting Alergy

I hit a nerve with MattC-minus, perhaps his errant daughter:
> "BeeSting Alergy" <BeeSting.Alergy@email.com> wrote in
>
> > Larry Anderson thought he was smart, not so much <LOL>:

> (has >> lost >> > audience to the advantage of CNN) 3) CNN (has gained
> >> audience to the >> > detriment of MSNBC)

> for-

> FOXN >> >> > 1,053 214 450

> Fox >> News >> as part of their cable or satellite TV service.

> > And less than that watch either MSNBC or CNN, right dimbulb?

> >> My calculator.
> >
> > OIC... and NOT your brain. It shows.
>
> Ignore poor Stink.

C-minus is a liar; his errant daughter taught him not too well.
Ask his ex-wife; she has a book inside of her.

> He's getting beaten up in his other 'nym and it
> seems to be bothering him.

The "urt-spawn of Iris" dodge.

Pathetic.

Coward.

Too much ganja, this much is clear. Like father, like errant daughter.

d/dx tan (x) = ?

> Just another welfare queen, sucking at the government teat.

No wonder - your daughter.

Just so we NOW all know.

BeeSting Alergy

Larry Anderson has been proven to be a moron [goodbye idiot]:
> On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 23:55:30 +0000, BeeSting Alergy wrote:
>
> > MSNBC (far-left)
>
> And I think we're done here.

Cool, I certainly don't need a shit4brains dimwit that can't even think
for himself as part of my online universe.

http://www.iAManONLIN...

You'll find plenty of dimbulbs like yourself right there.

<*PLONK*>

BeeSting Alergy

David Hartung wrote:
> On 04/19/2014 04:26 PM, BeeSting Alergy wrote:
> > That Fat Butt-Ugly Lady-Fella STILL doesn't understand the USA
> > <LOL>:
> > > Politico published an article revealing that Tea Party
> > > organizations (some created by the Koch brothers) have
> > > contributed millions to Rush Limbaugh. What does this mean? For
> > > Rush it means they helped sustain him while thousands of sponsors
> > > pulled their ads. It means this may lead to an investigation to
> > > see if the funding was done legally. According to the FCC, if
> > > you receive money from an organization that pays you to promote
> > > their propaganda, without telling your audience, it may be
> > > considered 'payola' - and it may be illegal.
> > >
> > > http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/04/18/1293043/-Rush-L...
> > > -In-
> > > Ruins-Bad-News-Coming-From-Every-Direction-Including-The-Right?det
> > > ail= email
> >
> > YAAAAWWWWWNNNNN.
> >
> > Every year, some dunce/dope/moron posts to these newsgroups that
> > either 1) Rush is going off the air/losing advertisers/being
> > investigated OR 2) Fox News is losing its audience/no longer #1.
> >
> > Here is the latest from talkers.com:
> > 1) Rush Limbaugh
> > 2) Sean Hannity
> > 3) Dave Ramsey
> > 4) Michael Savage
> > 5) Glenn Beck
> >
> > Cable News latest ratings:
> > 1) Fox News (by a wide margin; for over a decade)
> > 2) MSNBC (has lost audience to the advantage of CNN)
> > 3) CNN (has gained audience to the detriment of MSNBC)
> >
> > Fantasy time is over.
> >
> > Just so you know.
>
> Given the political activism of George Soros, why is it that the
> Koch's are so excoriated?

Because the Koch brothers are going to be one of the big reasons why
the Republicans will keep the US House and take the majority in the US
Senate.

Leftists see the writing on the wall and hate it.

Just so you know.

Andrew Poulos

On 31/07/2014 3:34 PM, Andrew Poulos wrote:
> I'm using XHR to PUT data to a URL on IIS that looks like
> http://www.dummydomain.com/activi...
> Alas the call returns
>
> HTTP Error 405.0 - Method Not Allowed
> The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because an invalid
> method (HTTP verb) is being used.
>
> Giving a full URL like
> http://www.dummydomain.com/activi.../default.asp
> makes no difference.
>
> Using POST instead of PUT also makes no difference.
>
> Everything is on the one server.
>
> I'm unsure how to resolve this :-(

Additionally, if I create a page with a form I can readily submit it to
http://www.dummydomain.com/activi...
or
http://www.dummydomain.com/activi.../default.asp

Andrew Poulos

JJ

On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 15:34:22 +1000, Andrew Poulos wrote:
> I'm using XHR to PUT data to a URL on IIS that looks like
> http://www.dummydomain.com/activi...
> Alas the call returns
>
> HTTP Error 405.0 - Method Not Allowed
> The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because an invalid
> method (HTTP verb) is being used.
>
> Giving a full URL like
> http://www.dummydomain.com/activi.../default.asp
> makes no difference.
>
> Using POST instead of PUT also makes no difference.
>
> Everything is on the one server.
>
> I'm unsure how to resolve this :-(
>
> Andrew Poulos

This is not JavaScript issue.

What you want to upload seems like a simple data, and not a resource. It
shouldn't use PUT.

Check the IIS documentations or that page's script.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

<http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#idp54...

<http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#bep...

--
PointedEars
FAQ: <http://PointedEars.... | SVN: <http://PointedEars.de...

Scott Sauyet

Andrew Poulos wrote:
> Andrew Poulos wrote:

>> I'm using XHR to PUT data to a URL on IIS that looks like
>> http://www.dummydomain.com/activi...
>> Alas the call returns HTTP Error 405.0 - Method Not Allowed
>> [ ... ]
>> Using POST instead of PUT also makes no difference.

> Additionally, if I create a page with a form I can readily submit it to
> http://www.dummydomain.com/activi...

Have you compared the requests you're sending in the two techniques?

Either look at a browser's web developer console and see what you're
sending in each case to determine if there what differences there are,
or analyze the server logs (or debug the service, or whatever you can
do server-side) to see how the two requests differ. Something must be
different, because IIS has no idea that you're submitting one way or
another except through what's actually in the request.

-- Scott

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

JJ wrote:
^^
Please post here using your real name in the From header field.

> On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 15:34:22 +1000, Andrew Poulos wrote:
>> [â?¦]
>> Using POST instead of PUT also makes no difference.
>> [â?¦]
>
> [â?¦]
> What you want to upload seems like a simple data, and not a resource. It
> shouldn't use PUT. [â?¦]

Please look at what I marked above.

--

On 3/08/2014 8:08 AM, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> JJ wrote:
> ^^
> Please post here using your real name in the From header field.
>
>> On Thu, 31 Jul 2014 15:34:22 +1000, Andrew Poulos wrote:
>>> [â?¦]
>>> Using POST instead of PUT also makes no difference.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>> [â?¦]
>>
>> [â?¦]
>> What you want to upload seems like a simple data, and not a resource. It
>> shouldn't use PUT. [â?¦]
>
> Please look at what I marked above.

I've been working with what's called the TinCan library from Rustici
Software to track some elearning courses. At around line 1,730 there's
this for browsers that don't support (what they've called) XDomainRequest:

if (pairs.length > 0) {
fullUrl += "/?" + pairs.join("&");
}

When I'm POSTing, pairs length is zero and so URL doesn't have a
trailing slash. I changed their code to

fullUrl += "/";
if (pairs.length > 0) {
fullUrl += "?" + pairs.join("&");