[ANN] ffmpeg-ruby first release : Now extracting thumbnails

Antonin Amand

10/12/2008 6:42:00 PM

ffmpeg-ruby is a ruby C extension binding to ffmpeg/libav* library.

It's main purpose is to extract frame in order to make video
thumbnails.
It also give access to main video attributes (frame rate, bit rate,
duration, codecs, ...)

So, I does not do video encoding (at least for now).

I've been working on this for some time now but I finally took the
time to clean and package it

[So here it is version 0.1.0](http://github.com/gwik/f...)

You can checkout the code with git :

git clone git://github.com/gwik/ffmpeg-ruby.git

Here is a example of what it can do : [creating an animated gif from a
video](http://github.com/gwik/f.../tree/master/
animated_gif_example.rb)