description, what is it?

Zhenning Guan

10/12/2008 3:10:00 PM

I read a class like this.what's the description work for?

class Employee
description "xxxxxxxx"
#some code continue here

Sebastian Hungerecker

Zhenning Guan wrote:
> I read a class like this.what's the description work for?
>

> class Employee
> =C2=A0description "xxxxxxxx"
> =C2=A0#some code continue here
> end

Well, it's not part of ruby core/stdlib, but it seems to be an instance met=
hod=20
of Module or Class (or maybe Object) that, judging by its name, stores the=
=20
description of a class/module (or maybe object) and presumably allows you t=
o=20
acces this description from a documentationt or source code browser of some=
=20
sort - or something like that.

HTH,
Sebastian
=2D-=20
Jabber: sepp2k@jabber.org
ICQ: 205544826

Hassan Schroeder

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Sebastian Hungerecker
<sepp2k@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Zhenning Guan wrote:
>> I read a class like this.what's the description work for?

> Well, it's not part of ruby core/stdlib

erm, uh, at <http://www.ruby-doc.org... I find "description" listed
as a method of Generators::HtmlMethod :-)

Sebastian Hungerecker

Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> > Well, it's not part of ruby core/stdlib
>
> erm, uh, at <http://www.ruby-doc.org... I find "description" listed
> as a method of Generators::HtmlMethod =A0:-)

Yeah, but that's not the one used in his code snippet.

=2D-=20
Jabber: sepp2k@jabber.org
ICQ: 205544826