SOAP '-' problem

Krzysztof Kaczmarek

10/8/2008 9:33:00 AM

Hello,

I try to use this wsdl: http://webapi.allegro.pl/uploade... .
The problem is: variables are like "country-id". When I use 'soap/
wsdlDriver' or soap4r I become message like this:

`@country-id' is not allowed as an instance variable name

How can i solve this problem? Maybe there are another soap library?

Sorry for my english =)

best regards
Krzysztof Kaczmarek
1 Answer

Mark Thomas

On Oct 8, 5:33 am, Krzysztof Kaczmarek
<krzysztofkaczma...@wingtsun.pl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try to use this wsdl:http://webapi.allegro.pl/uploade....
> The problem is: variables are like "country-id". When I use 'soap/
> wsdlDriver' or soap4r I become message like this:
>
>  `@country-id' is not allowed as an instance variable name
>
> How can i solve this problem? Maybe there are another soap library?

That looks like a bug from an old version of soap4r. With soap4r
1.5.8, I performed the following:

wsdl2ruby --wsdl http://webapi.allegro.pl/uploade... --type
client

and the generated classes had instance variables with underscores,
like @country_id. So I recommend that you install the latest via 'gem
install soap4r'

-- Mark.