managing gems

tjones

10/7/2008 8:12:00 PM

Hello,
I fairly new to ruby and I am building a script I will need to run on
a lot of my systems. If I require a gem like rubyzip and it's not
installed what is the best way to install it when running my script?

Thanks,
tom
2 Answers

Tedd Fox

Awesome Question. I was thinking the same thing...

On Oct 7, 2008, at 4:13 PM, tjones wrote:

> Hello,
> I fairly new to ruby and I am building a script I will need to run on
> a lot of my systems. If I require a gem like rubyzip and it's not
> installed what is the best way to install it when running my script?
>
> Thanks,
> tom

Ezra Zygmuntowicz

On Oct 7, 2008, at 1:19 PM, Tedd Fox wrote:

> Awesome Question. I was thinking the same thing...
>

> On Oct 7, 2008, at 4:13 PM, tjones wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I fairly new to ruby and I am building a script I will need to run on
>> a lot of my systems. If I require a gem like rubyzip and it's not
>> installed what is the best way to install it when running my script?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> tom

http://geminstaller.ruby...

Cheers-