[ANN] namecase 1.1.0 Released

Aaron Patterson

10/6/2008 6:30:00 AM

namecase version 1.1.0 has been released!

* <http://namecase.rubyforg...

NameCase is a Ruby implementation of Lingua::EN::NameCase, a library for
converting strings to be properly cased. This is good for converting
denormalized data to human friendly data.

* Example Usage

NameCase("RON BURGUNDY") # => Ron Burgundy
NameCase("MCDONALDS") # => McDonalds

* Acknowledgements

This library is a port of the Perl library, and owes most of its functionality
to the Perl version by Mark Summerfield. Any bugs in the Ruby port are my
fault.

* Author

Original Version:
Copyright (c) Mark Summerfield 1998-2002.
<summer@perlpress.com>
All Rights Reserved

Ruby Version:
Copyright (c) Aaron Patterson 2006

* License

NameCase is distributed under the GPL license. Please see the LICENSE file.

Changes:

* <http://namecase.rubyforg...

--
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovem...

6 Answers

James Moore

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 11:29 PM, Aaron Patterson
<aaron@tenderlovemaking.com> wrote:
> namecase version 1.1.0 has been released!
>
> * <http://namecase.rubyforg...
>
> NameCase is a Ruby implementation of Lingua::EN::NameCase, a library for
> converting strings to be properly cased. This is good for converting
> denormalized data to human friendly data.

Be aware that this is something you'll need to internationalize -
rules for casing are language-and-culture specific. Seamus =D3 hAirt,
for example, not Seamus =D3 Hairt.

--=20
James Moore | james@restphone.com
Ruby and Ruby on Rails consulting
blog.restphone.com

Aaron Patterson

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 12:22:39AM +0900, James Moore wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 11:29 PM, Aaron Patterson
> <aaron@tenderlovemaking.com> wrote:
> > namecase version 1.1.0 has been released!
> >
> > * <http://namecase.rubyforg...
> >
> > NameCase is a Ruby implementation of Lingua::EN::NameCase, a library for
> > converting strings to be properly cased. This is good for converting
> > denormalized data to human friendly data.
>
> Be aware that this is something you'll need to internationalize -
> rules for casing are language-and-culture specific. Seamus Ó hAirt,
> for example, not Seamus Ó Hairt.

I gladly accept patches. :-)

--
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovem...

1st Century Apostolic Traditionalist

"James" wrote in message news:im70b9dfcnh5o515akaqmf1i0kvavkeeaq@4ax.com...

"1st Century Apostolic Traditionalist" <w.force@ntlworld.com>

>"Jeanne Douglas" wrote in message
>
>In article <f02ua91bi0ajr6rem4i5ud602hhe2cdst4@4ax.com>,
>James <1rilu2@windstream.net> wrote:
>
>> "1st Century Apostolic Traditionalist" <jnhickling@ntlworld.com>
>> >

>> >"James" wrote in message
>> >
>> >"1st Century Apostolic Traditionalist" <jnhickling@ntlworld.com>

>> God did not kill the children so that they could not grow up and
>> become wicked. God took the children because He holds parents
>> responsible for their children until they become of age. The the
>> parents are to blame for any loss of their children.
>
>Sorry, but Almighty God disagrees with that one, James.
>"16 Parents must never be put to death for the crimes of their
>children, and children must never be put to death for the crimes
>of their parents. Each person must be put to death for his own crime."
>Deut 24:16 (GW)

~ Jeff, that was under the Mosaic Laws.

Exactly, which covers the period we are on about.
"1 And Moses went and spake these words unto all Israel. 2 And he
said unto them, I am a hundred and twenty years old this day; I can
no more go out and come in: and Jehovah hath said unto me, Thou
shalt not go over this Jordan. 3 Jehovah thy God, he will go over
before thee; he will destroy these nations from before thee"
Deut 31:1-3 (ASV)

Jeff...

Dakota

On 12/17/2013 4:17 AM, 1st Century Apostolic Traditionalist wrote:

> "James" wrote in message
>
> "1st Century Apostolic Traditionalist" <w.force@ntlworld.com>
>>

>> "Jeanne Douglas" wrote in message
>>
>> In article <f02ua91bi0ajr6rem4i5ud602hhe2cdst4@4ax.com>,
>> James <1rilu2@windstream.net> wrote:
>>
>>> "1st Century Apostolic Traditionalist" <jnhickling@ntlworld.com>

>>> understand.

>>> God did not kill the children so that they could not grow up and
>>> become wicked. God took the children because He holds parents
>>> responsible for their children until they become of age. The the
>>> parents are to blame for any loss of their children.
>>
>> Sorry, but Almighty God disagrees with that one, James.
>> "16 Parents must never be put to death for the crimes of their
>> children, and children must never be put to death for the crimes
>> of their parents. Each person must be put to death for his own crime."
>> Deut 24:16 (GW)
>
> ~ Jeff, that was under the Mosaic Laws.

So what?

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one
tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

Matthew 5:18 King James Version (KJV)

"James" wrote in message news:m803b91qbp32ff27bgbpe27doup37kcb8k@4ax.com...

"1st Century Apostolic Traditionalist" <w.force@ntlworld.com>

>"James" wrote in message
>
>"1st Century Apostolic Traditionalist" <w.force@ntlworld.com>
>>

>>"Jeanne Douglas" wrote in message
>>
>>In article <f02ua91bi0ajr6rem4i5ud602hhe2cdst4@4ax.com>,
>>James <1rilu2@windstream.net> wrote:
>>
>>> "1st Century Apostolic Traditionalist" <jnhickling@ntlworld.com>

>>> God did not kill the children so that they could not grow up and
>>> become wicked. God took the children because He holds parents
>>> responsible for their children until they become of age. The the
>>> parents are to blame for any loss of their children.
>>
>>Sorry, but Almighty God disagrees with that one, James.
>>"16 Parents must never be put to death for the crimes of their
>>children, and children must never be put to death for the crimes
>>of their parents. Each person must be put to death for his own crime."
>>Deut 24:16 (GW)
>
>~ Jeff, that was under the Mosaic Laws.
>
>Exactly, which covers the period we are on about.

~As far as I was aware, we were discussing mainly the NT, where Jesus
~dying did away with those Mosaic Laws.

No we weren't, we were discussing what you stated:
Your own words at the beginning of this post:
"Perhaps you are thinking of past times when children of wicked parents were
destroyed along with their parents during times of judgement"

Indeed I was, and so my point remains true , James.

Jeff...

"James" wrote in message news:jjv5b9hockshiu8t4lf10rhk3pkvtg5fcv@4ax.com...

"1st Century Apostolic Traditionalist" <jnhickling@ntlworld.com>

>"James" wrote in message
>
>"1st Century Apostolic Traditionalist" <w.force@ntlworld.com>
>>

>>"James" wrote in message
>>
>>"1st Century Apostolic Traditionalist" <w.force@ntlworld.com>
>>>

>>>"Jeanne Douglas" wrote in message

>>>Sorry, but Almighty God disagrees with that one, James.
>>>"16 Parents must never be put to death for the crimes of their
>>>children, and children must never be put to death for the crimes
>>>of their parents. Each person must be put to death for his own crime."
>>>Deut 24:16 (GW)
>>
>>~ Jeff, that was under the Mosaic Laws.
>>
>>Exactly, which covers the period we are on about.
>
>~As far as I was aware, we were discussing mainly the NT, where Jesus
>~dying did away with those Mosaic Laws.
>
>No we weren't, we were discussing what you stated:
>Your own words at the beginning of this post:
>"Perhaps you are thinking of past times when children of wicked parents
>were
>destroyed along with their parents during times of judgement"
>
>Indeed I was, and so my point remains true , James.

~ Sorry if I got off target, Jeff.

No problem....{;o;}

>And as the NT showed, small ones go with the judgement of the parents.
>Apparently, when God personally does the judging, he includes the
>children of the parents. When men do the judging, as in the Mosaic
>laws, they don't judge the children because of the parents.

> Is that
>the way you see it?

Children are covered as to "Being holy" IF one or other of the parents is
a baptized, AFTER belief, believer.

Jeff...