Developing command line utilities

Christian Johansen

10/5/2008 7:48:00 PM

I'm writing a command line utility who's interface will share alot in
common with rake. I remember reading at some point that Capistrano was
built on top of rake(?)

Is building on top of rake a possible solution, and a good solution? If
so, can anyone point me to some documentation, articles or the like on
how I'd go about doing something like that?

Bil Kleb

Christian Johansen wrote:
> I'm writing a command line utility who's interface will share alot in
> common with rake. I remember reading at some point that Capistrano was
> built on top of rake(?)

IIRC, Vlad is built on rake, ssh, and rsync: http://rubyhi...

Regards,
--
http://twitter.co...

ara.t.howard

On Oct 5, 2008, at 1:47 PM, Christian Johansen wrote:

> I'm writing a command line utility who's interface will share alot in
> common with rake. I remember reading at some point that Capistrano was
> built on top of rake(?)
>
> Is building on top of rake a possible solution, and a good solution?
> If
> so, can anyone point me to some documentation, articles or the like on
> how I'd go about doing something like that?

look at the cap code. you might also like to check out main

gem install main

http://codeforp...lib/ruby/main/main-2....

cheers.

a @ http://codeforp...