Shoes: problem with http proxy

Raffaele Tesi

9/29/2008 11:49:00 PM

I've problem to do remote (internet) operations in the Shoes graphics
toolkit when i'm behind a proxy (gem/download/... shoes methods).
The pc i use at work is a winXp machine, i set the 'http_proxy' env
variable correctly (outside shoes [eg. gem install xxx] is ok).
Ideas?

_why

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 08:48:37AM +0900, Raffaele Tesi wrote:
> I've problem to do remote (internet) operations in the Shoes graphics
> toolkit when i'm behind a proxy (gem/download/... shoes methods).
> The pc i use at work is a winXp machine, i set the 'http_proxy' env
> variable correctly (outside shoes [eg. gem install xxx] is ok).

Shoes uses WinHTTP, so I'll have to write some code for that. While
I'm there, do you think it would be more convenient to use IE's
proxy settings?

_why

Raffaele Tesi

mmm, i think http_proxy env var would be preferable:
- uniformity (i see ruby uses this env variable all around);
- avoid NTLM hell (demanding tools like cntlm the frucking
proto-normalization stuff)

thanks

_why wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 08:48:37AM +0900, Raffaele Tesi wrote:
>> I've problem to do remote (internet) operations in the Shoes graphics
>> toolkit when i'm behind a proxy (gem/download/... shoes methods).
>> The pc i use at work is a winXp machine, i set the 'http_proxy' env
>> variable correctly (outside shoes [eg. gem install xxx] is ok).
>
> Shoes uses WinHTTP, so I'll have to write some code for that. While
> I'm there, do you think it would be more convenient to use IE's
> proxy settings?
>
> _why

_why

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 04:21:54AM +0900, Raffaele Tesi wrote:
> mmm, i think http_proxy env var would be preferable:
> - uniformity (i see ruby uses this env variable all around);
> - avoid NTLM hell (demanding tools like cntlm the frucking
> proto-normalization stuff)

Okay, I just committed this. A new build for Windows should be out
soon, keep your eyes on the shoes blog. <http://newwws.shooo...

_why