future ruby books?

Lex Williams

9/29/2008 10:17:00 AM

Could you guys give me a list of books that should come out soon ? Ruby
related, of course . I'm not interested in Rails .

Thanks

Erik Terpstra

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1222686382/ref=sr_st?keywords=ruby&rs=3839&page=1&rh=n%3A5%2Cn%3A3839%2Ck%3Aruby&sor...

Lex Williams wrote:
> Could you guys give me a list of books that should come out soon ? Ruby
> related, of course . I'm not interested in Rails .
>
> Thanks

Dave Thomas

On Sep 29, 2008, at 6:06 AM, Erik Terpstra wrote:

> http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1222686382/ref=sr_st?keywords=ruby&rs=3839&page=1&rh=n%3A5%2Cn%3A3839%2Ck%3Aruby&sor...

+ the Third Edition PickAxe, which Amazon can't list while the second
edition is alive...

David A. Black

Hi --

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008, Lex Williams wrote:

> Could you guys give me a list of books that should come out soon ? Ruby
> related, of course . I'm not interested in Rails .

http://www.manning....

David

Intro to Ruby on Rails January 12-15 Fort Lauderdale, FL
Advancing with Rails January 19-22 Fort Lauderdale, FL *
* Co-taught with Patrick Ewing!
See http://www.r... for details and updates!

Fernando Perez

Lex Williams wrote:
> Could you guys give me a list of books that should come out soon ? Ruby
> related, of course . I'm not interested in Rails .
>
> Thanks

Why wait for the future? The Ruby Programming language at OReilly's is
an awesome book about Ruby. Don't be fooled by its "only 450 pages",
each word on each page has a meaning, no boring fluff.

From all the books I have read it is my favorite one.