Ruby Debug with Textmate

Jody Glidden

9/23/2008 1:05:00 AM

I read the following link about integrating debug with textmate. It
mentions going to terminal and typing

rdebug -sn ./script/server webrick

But that seems like the way to debug a rails app from textmate, not a
regular ruby program. Is there no way to integrate debug into textmate
for regular ruby programs?

David Masover

On Monday 22 September 2008 20:05:08 Ruby Fan wrote:
> I read the following link about integrating debug with textmate. It
> mentions going to terminal and typing
>
> rdebug -sn ./script/server webrick

If I had to guess, I would say -s is the part that's needed for textmate
integration.

> But that seems like the way to debug a rails app from textmate, not a
> regular ruby program.

I suspect you could just do this:

rdebug -s ./my-regular-ruby-program.rb