[ANN] MysqlTableSyncer 0.2

Roger Pack

9/22/2008 5:00:00 PM

Released a script recently to sync the contents of tables between two
different mysql databases.

The need for this is mostly as a faster, open source replacement to
Navicat [to those who have used it] or SQLyog -- since you can sync on
the command line it's faster :)

Syntax:
ruby syncer.rb --from=database1 --to=database2 --tables=table_1,table_2

It will show you a diff of the tables and/or optionally sync them so
that the contents of database2's table_1 and table_2 will match
database1

New in version 0.2:
Now it can do a limited structure sync of different tables, as well, and
perform an "entire database" sync.

See
http://code.google.com/p/ruby-roger-useful-functions/wiki/MysqlT...
for more details.

Feedback welcome.
Thanks!
-=Roger

Michael Guterl

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Roger Pack <rogerpack2005@gmail.com> wrote:
> Released a script recently to sync the contents of tables between two
> different mysql databases.
>
> The need for this is mostly as a faster, open source replacement to
> Navicat [to those who have used it] or SQLyog -- since you can sync on
> the command line it's faster :)
>
> Syntax:
> ruby syncer.rb --from=database1 --to=database2 --tables=table_1,table_2
>
> It will show you a diff of the tables and/or optionally sync them so
> that the contents of database2's table_1 and table_2 will match
> database1
>
> New in version 0.2:
> Now it can do a limited structure sync of different tables, as well, and
> perform an "entire database" sync.
>
> See
> http://code.google.com/p/ruby-roger-useful-functions/wiki/MysqlT...
> for more details.

It would be great if you could package this as a gem.

This sounds really useful.

Thanks!
Michael Guterl

Bill Walton

Hi Roger,

Roger Pack wrote:

> Released a script recently to sync the contents of tables between two
> different mysql databases.

Nice! I took a look and posted a little feedback at the link provided.
Looking forward to trying it out!

Best regards,
Bill

Roger Pack

Michael Guterl wrote:
>> It will show you a diff of the tables and/or optionally sync them so
>>
> It would be great if you could package this as a gem.

All righty released it as a gem.

gem install table_syncer

with updated instructions:
http://code.google.com/p/ruby-roger-useful-functions/wiki/T...

Enjoy!
-=R

Michael Guterl

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Roger Pack <rogerpack2005@gmail.com> wrote:
> Michael Guterl wrote:
>>> It will show you a diff of the tables and/or optionally sync them so
>>>
>> It would be great if you could package this as a gem.
>
> All righty released it as a gem.
>
> gem install table_syncer
>
> with updated instructions:
> http://code.google.com/p/ruby-roger-useful-functions/wiki/T...
>
> Enjoy!
You rock!

Thanks!
Michael Guterl

Pablo Q.

really cool. Waiting for oracle version...

--
Pablo Q.