about regexp...

Kyung won Cheon

9/22/2008 6:01:00 AM

>> "a 1 b".sub(/\b1\b/, "2")
=> "a 2 b"
>> "a * b".sub(/\b\*\b/, "2")
=> "a * b" # Why not "a 2 b" ???

How ??

Lamont Cranston

"Carl" <crothman@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote in message
news:pRtPi.40$Yb2.38@newsfe12.lga...
> B1ackwater wrote:
>> On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:47:54 -0000, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
>> MURDERERS" <xeton2001@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?article...
>>>
>>> Turkey Shells Rebels in Northern Iraq
>>> Published 10/10/2007 - 9:40 a.m. EDT
>>>
>>> (AP) By SELCAN HACAOGLU
>>> Associated Press Writer
>>>
>>> Turkey is shelling suspected Kurdish rebel camps across the border in
>>> northern Iraq, a newspaper reported Wednesday, but the government
>>> appeared unlikely to move toward sending ground troops until next
>>> week.
>>>
>>> A large-scale military incursion would disrupt one of the few
>>> relatively peaceful areas of Iraq and jeopardize Turkey's ties with
>>> the United States, which has urged Ankara not to take unilateral
>>> steps.
>>>
>>> The Turkish military launched a major offensive on its side of the
>>> border this week in response to more than a week of deadly attacks
>>> in southeastern Turkey by the Kurdistan Workers Party, or PKK
>>
>> Yea, this is the key reason Turkey didn't back us
>> up more during our initial de-Saddamization action.
>> They feared "liberated" Kurds.
>>
> It seems the entire region just exudes love and peace, doesn't it? Are
> there any two adjacent regions in the mideast that get along?

All of this was so predictable. This is what happens when the idiot public
puts morons in positions of power.

Sid9

Lamont Cranston wrote:
> "Carl" <crothman@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote in message
>> B1ackwater wrote:

>>> Yea, this is the key reason Turkey didn't back us
>>> up more during our initial de-Saddamization action.
>>> They feared "liberated" Kurds.
>>>
>> It seems the entire region just exudes love and peace, doesn't it? Are
>> there any two adjacent regions in the mideast that get along?
>
> All of this was so predictable. This is what happens when the idiot
> public puts morons in positions of power.

jr was warned this would happen.
jr's compromised our relationship with one of our best allies, Turkey/

Winston Smith, American Patriot

bw@barrk.net (B1ackwater) wrote in alt.politics.bush:

> On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:47:54 -0000, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
> MURDERERS" <xeton2001@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?article...
>>
>> Turkey Shells Rebels in Northern Iraq
>>Published 10/10/2007 - 9:40 a.m. EDT
>>
>>(AP) By SELCAN HACAOGLU
>>Associated Press Writer
>>
>>Turkey is shelling suspected Kurdish rebel camps across the border in
>>northern Iraq, a newspaper reported Wednesday, but the government
>>appeared unlikely to move toward sending ground troops until next
>>week.
>>
>>A large-scale military incursion would disrupt one of the few
>>relatively peaceful areas of Iraq and jeopardize Turkey's ties with
>>the United States, which has urged Ankara not to take unilateral
>>steps.
>>
>>The Turkish military launched a major offensive on its side of the
>>border this week in response to more than a week of deadly attacks in
>>southeastern Turkey by the Kurdistan Workers Party, or PKK
>
> Yea, this is the key reason Turkey didn't back us
> up more during our initial de-Saddamization action.
> They feared "liberated" Kurds.

The Turks don't "fear 'liberated'" Kurds.

They correctly fear a new Kurdistan being used as a base for Kurdish
terrorism within the territory of the Turkish republic. That is already
happening in the relative no-man's land of northern Iraq.

The Turks put Syria on notice when it was not controlling Kurdish
separatist/terrorist cross-border raids along their common border because
relations were slightly strained. The Syrians then started enforcing the
border and things have been acceptable.

If the Kurds believe they are going to cut a huge side out of Turkey in
order to annex that to a new and larger Kurdistan, you would be better to
put your betting money on the possibility that Mexico will take California,
Arizona, New Mexico, and parts of Texas and Colorado by force from the
United States and annex them to Mexico. The day that happens is the day I
believe that the Turks will follow by rolling over and showing their soft
underbelly to the Kurds and say, "here, take it."

bw

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 14:22:12 -0400, "Carl"
<crothman@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote:

>B1ackwater wrote:
>> On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:47:54 -0000, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
>> MURDERERS" <xeton2001@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?article...
>>>
>>> Turkey Shells Rebels in Northern Iraq
>>> Published 10/10/2007 - 9:40 a.m. EDT
>>>
>>> (AP) By SELCAN HACAOGLU
>>> Associated Press Writer
>>>
>>> Turkey is shelling suspected Kurdish rebel camps across the border in
>>> northern Iraq, a newspaper reported Wednesday, but the government
>>> appeared unlikely to move toward sending ground troops until next
>>> week.
>>>
>>> A large-scale military incursion would disrupt one of the few
>>> relatively peaceful areas of Iraq and jeopardize Turkey's ties with
>>> the United States, which has urged Ankara not to take unilateral
>>> steps.
>>>
>>> The Turkish military launched a major offensive on its side of the
>>> border this week in response to more than a week of deadly attacks
>>> in southeastern Turkey by the Kurdistan Workers Party, or PKK
>>
>> Yea, this is the key reason Turkey didn't back us
>> up more during our initial de-Saddamization action.
>> They feared "liberated" Kurds.
>>
>It seems the entire region just exudes love and peace, doesn't it? Are
>there any two adjacent regions in the mideast that get along?

None that I'm aware of. No doubt a holdover from the
old "tribal" days where there were sharp differences
between sub-ethnic groups and they jealously guarded
hard-won territories. The Ottomans and euros may have
drawn a lot of arbitrary lines across those deserts
over the last century but that did not change how
the individual groups FELT, how they thought of
themselves.

Robert Klemme

2008/9/22 Kyung won Cheon <kdream95@gmerce.co.kr>:
>>> "a 1 b".sub(/\b1\b/, "2")
> => "a 2 b"
> => "a * b" # Why not "a 2 b" ???
>

> How ??

Because neither " *" nor "* " are word boundaries.

Cheers

robert

Patrick He

/*/ is a non-word character.