synchronize clock

Junkone

9/22/2008 12:52:00 AM

is there any gem or library that would synchronise the xp clock with
the atomic clock.
30 Answers

Heesob Park

2008/9/22 Junkone <junkone1@gmail.com>:
> is there any gem or library that would synchronise the xp clock with
> the atomic clock.

system("CMD /C NET TIME /SETSNTP:clock.isc.org & NET STOP W32TIME &
NET START W32TIME & W32TM /resync")

Regards,

Park Hesob

TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

On Dec 23, 7:00 pm, "ltl...@hotmail.com" <ltl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 12?23?, ??1?52?, "TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
>

> <thetibetanmon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > First is the movies and video games, then the real thing. Our kids are
> > bored to death (who can blame them) and prepare for the big show, the
> > ticket to celebrity where the role of good guy and bad guy is
> > insignificant.
>
> > I shared this house with a family whose kid (14 years old) was bored
> > to death in this place in upstate NY, the boondocks so to speak, no
> > place to walk or hike, and he would spend the day sleeping and at
> > night he would connect with a group of like-minded kids playing a
> > helicopter pilot on a mission to kill. It seems to me they are a time
> > bomb and something may trigger their killing instincts.
>
> > Is it possible that we can provide hiking trails and bike paths to
> > avoid future carnages? We must ask our masters. I'm assuming, of
> > course, we are the product of some sort of manipulation, perhaps
> > making us fearful and aggressive.
>
> > (I've been watching the series "Criminal Minds," where the detectives
> > make similar profiling and motivations of a criminal. After a while
> > though I think it's stupid to watch all these shows. I still like "Law
> > and Order," just good detective reasoning in the fight against crime)

> >http://webspawner.com/users/BANANA...
>
> The government could change the Drone program into an all voluntary
> unit manned by civilians who paid the government a fee to join the
> program. Bore citizens get a chance to kill real terrorists and the
> government
> could save some money.
>
> The government can expand the drone program to accommodate more
> citizens if necessary.

It sounds like a good deal for the Republican Congress and the NRA.
They may hire Blackwater personnel to protect schools and theaters as
well.

Yoorghis

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 17:23:17 -0600, Neolibertarian
<cognac756@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Have Gun Will Travel." "Gunsmoke." "Bat Masterson." "Colt .45" "Gun
>Slinger." "The Marshall of Gunsight Pass." "The Outlaws."

A made-up, fake, unrealistic world.

Difference is, wingnutters and gunwhores actually believe the "old
west" depicted accurately.

Neolibertarian

In article <7pjfd81b90eqcv2eqptvf37896km1r4rhs@4ax.com>,
Yoorghis@Jurgis.net wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 17:23:17 -0600, Neolibertarian
> <cognac756@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >"Have Gun Will Travel." "Gunsmoke." "Bat Masterson." "Colt .45" "Gun
> >Slinger." "The Marshall of Gunsight Pass." "The Outlaws."
>
> A made-up, fake, unrealistic world.

Well, so is Call of Duty and Red Dead Redemption.

> Difference is, wingnutters and gunwhores actually believe the "old
> west" depicted accurately.

For instance, in Dodge City, Kansas, in 1880, only two shooting deaths
occurred.

It turns out that the wild west wasn't so wild after all.

Well, after all, they all carried guns.

More shooting deaths occurred in Dodge City last year. You see, they
aren't allowed to carry guns anymore.

Mrs. Grundy wouldn't allow it.

--
Neolibertarian

"Global Warming: It ain't the heat, it's the stupidity."

Neolibertarian

In article
<e624c7ab-be67-428c-ad75-b2a6910cfa2d@j4g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
<thetibetanmonkey@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 23, 6:23?pm, Neolibertarian <cognac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <4f8b2709-1189-4cb5-a4cd-ebbef1caf...@f4g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
> > ?"TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
> >
> > ?<comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > First is the movies and video games, then the real thing. Our kids are
> > > bored to death (who can blame them) and prepare for the big show, the
> > > ticket to celebrity where the role of good guy and bad guy is
> > > insignificant.
> >
> > > I shared this house with a family whose kid (14 years old) was bored
> > > to death in this place in upstate NY, the boondocks so to speak, no
> > > place to walk or hike,
> >
> > Wait a minute. You should at least make your anecdotal stories plausible.
> >
> > I've been to upstate New York, and if you can't find a place to walk or
> > hike there, then you probably can't find the back of your trousers,
> > either.
>
> Sorry, no place to walk or hike whatsoever. I mean you must drive for
> half an hour before getting to a hiking place and kids don't drive. I
> don't mention biking because there are too many hills for may taste,
> but I'm sure you could do some excellent mountain biking were it
> available. The only hiking place nearby was a short trail provided by
> a Buddhist retreat. You must be very enlightened to take advantage of
> that.
>
> His mom made a point of not letting him walk for the danger involved.
> NO SHOULDER OR SIDEWALK.

What a bunch of wussies.

All you need is a good pair of boots, a couple of canteens and a walking
stick. Who needs a trail? In the Catskills and Adirondacks, for crying
out loud! Some of the most beautiful country on God's greed earth.

> > > and he would spend the day sleeping and at
> > > night he would connect with a group of like-minded kids playing a
> > > helicopter pilot on a mission to kill. It seems to me they are a time
> > > bomb and something may trigger their killing instincts.
> >
> > Video games are hardly more violent than tv programming of the 1950s and
> > 1960s. If you've never watched them, just the /names/ of the programs
> > corroborates my point, don't you think?
> >
> > "Have Gun Will Travel." "Gunsmoke." "Bat Masterson." "Colt .45" "Gun
> > Slinger." "The Marshall of Gunsight Pass." "The Outlaws."
> >
> > Even kids shows were filled with mayhem, gunplay and violence--from Bugs
> > Bunny to Roy Rogers.
> >
> > Where were the mass school shootings back then?
>
> Not to the point of obsession.

Average tv viewing was on the order of 7 hours a day for some 90
millions.

> This kid often went to bed at 5 am. And
> you weren't an active participant back then. Maybe a matinee movie but
> not the whole night shooting people.

The body counts were similar, especially when added up over the whole
week.

Young boys were ESPECIALLY active participants, because their favorite
toys were guns. When they weren't watching people shooting each other on
tv, they were outside shooting each other with cap guns. BB guns, too.
At age 12 or so, many boys received a .22 for Christmas.

I don't think you have made your case. It isn't the graphically violent
video games, movies and tv shows "causing" the weird and tragic violence
of our time. That has been with our children in one form or another
since time immemorial.

However, there is something missing from today's movies, tv shows and
video games which was very much prevalent in the tv shows and movies
back then.

This might explain the problem.

Can you guess what's missing?

--
Neolibertarian

"Global Warming: It ain't the heat, it's the stupidity."

Yoorghis

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 07:51:41 -0600, Neolibertarian
<cognac756@gmail.com> wrote:

>In article <7pjfd81b90eqcv2eqptvf37896km1r4rhs@4ax.com>,
> Yoorghis@Jurgis.net wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 17:23:17 -0600, Neolibertarian
>> <cognac756@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >"Have Gun Will Travel." "Gunsmoke." "Bat Masterson." "Colt .45" "Gun
>> >Slinger." "The Marshall of Gunsight Pass." "The Outlaws."
>>
>> A made-up, fake, unrealistic world.
>
>Well, so is Call of Duty and Red Dead Redemption.

You might try using this universe's reality

Based on anyone using "loonytarian" in their name---you still haven't
accepted the fact that what you seem to think was good----was a
disaster at the time.

Yoorghis

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 08:21:05 -0600, Neolibertarian
<cognac756@gmail.com> wrote:

>All you need is a good pair of boots, a couple of canteens and a walking
>stick. Who needs a trail? In the Catskills and Adirondacks, for crying
>out loud! Some of the most beautiful country on God's greed earth.

Got a better place.

Take a vacation to montana and walk "freely" in the mountains there.

Leave interment instructions first.

Neolibertarian

In article <6b2hd8p6022i35j7eng6ijlcnljkple07f@4ax.com>,
Yoorghis@Jurgis.net wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 07:51:41 -0600, Neolibertarian
> <cognac756@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <7pjfd81b90eqcv2eqptvf37896km1r4rhs@4ax.com>,
> > Yoorghis@Jurgis.net wrote:

> >> A made-up, fake, unrealistic world.
> >
> >Well, so is Call of Duty and Red Dead Redemption.
>
> You might try using this universe's reality

You need to check your newsreader.

> Based on anyone using "loonytarian" in their name---you still haven't
> accepted the fact that what you seem to think was good----was a
> disaster at the time.

I haven't near the illusions you seem to harbor.

--

In article <oe2hd8hg297v9rfpcuve6n5vva06heftp8@4ax.com>,
Yoorghis@Jurgis.net wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 08:21:05 -0600, Neolibertarian
> <cognac756@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >All you need is a good pair of boots, a couple of canteens and a walking
> >stick. Who needs a trail? In the Catskills and Adirondacks, for crying
> >out loud! Some of the most beautiful country on God's greed earth.
>
> Got a better place.
>
> Take a vacation to montana and walk "freely" in the mountains there.
>
> Leave interment instructions first.

Big Sky Country. And just think: I can take a sidearm with me on my hike!

--
Neolibertarian

"Global Warming: It ain't the heat, it's the stupidity."

Yoorghis

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 12:16:13 -0600, Neolibertarian
<cognac756@gmail.com> wrote:

>In article <oe2hd8hg297v9rfpcuve6n5vva06heftp8@4ax.com>,
> Yoorghis@Jurgis.net wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 08:21:05 -0600, Neolibertarian
>> <cognac756@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >All you need is a good pair of boots, a couple of canteens and a walking
>> >stick. Who needs a trail? In the Catskills and Adirondacks, for crying
>> >out loud! Some of the most beautiful country on God's greed earth.
>>
>> Got a better place.
>>
>> Take a vacation to montana and walk "freely" in the mountains there.
>>
>> Leave interment instructions first.
>
>Big Sky Country. And just think: I can take a sidearm with me on my hike!

Good.

The white supremacists, the white separatists, the pot growers, the
antigovernment whackos, the recluses and just plain ornery will make
hamburger outta you....and claim self defense.

The sales of small acreage plots got machine guns (real ones), hidden
and some do NOT fire warning shots.