Re: Is 1.8.6 p287 the "finally fixed" version?

Yukihiro Matsumoto

In message "Re: Is 1.8.6 p287 the "finally fixed" version?"
on Wed, 17 Sep 2008 02:34:02 +0900, Jeff <cohen.jeff@gmail.com> writes:

|A plea to the RubyCentral guys: can you ask Matz to address this issue
|at RubyConf?

I am not the right person to ask about 1.8 stability. We have 1.8
maintainers.

matz.

1 Answer

Jeff

On Sep 16, 5:52=A0pm, Yukihiro Matsumoto <m...@ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: Is 1.8.6 p287 the "finally fixed" version?"
> =A0 =A0 on Wed, 17 Sep 2008 02:34:02 +0900, Jeff <cohen.j...@gmail.com> w=
rites:

> |A plea to the RubyCentral guys: can you ask Matz to address this issue
> |at RubyConf?
>
> I am not the right person to ask about 1.8 stability. =A0We have 1.8
> maintainers.
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 matz.

Hi Matz,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not asking so much about 1.8 stability, as I
am about the confusion/lack of communication that some of us witnessed
during that time period. There was some frustration in the community
over that episode, and to my knowledge it wasn't really ever addressed
(or maybe I missed final announcement).

If the responsiblity for clear communication regarding all 1.8-related
activities lies with the maintainers, then you are right that I should
take it up with them. I just wanted to point out this is not a
technical issue, as much as a community/leadership issue, and that's
why I thought it might be appropriate for you to address this past
episode in some fashion.

Thanks!
Jeff