Re: YAML doesn't seem to be working properly

Eric Gerlach

9/11/2008 1:22:00 AM

Eric Gerlach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to marshal some data using Ruby's YAML library, but the files
> that YAML.rb is creating aren't loading up properly. I've brought in
> the libraries from the most recent 1.8.6 branch, but the problem isn't
> solved there.
>
> I've attached a stub script which demonstrates the problem. If someone
> who has 1.8.7 can test it and let me know the results, that would be a
> huge help. (The script should print some stuff and *not* crash out with
> an exception).
>
> Unless, of course, this is a known bug, in which case feel free to just
> tell me to upgrade to whatever version is necessary. :-)

For anyone interested, bug filed against Syck here:

http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/syck...

I'm not 100% sure that's the culprit, but it seems highly likely. I'm
unsubscribing (volume is a little high for my tastes), so please CC any
replies to me directly.

Cheers,

Eric